News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

War in the East

Started by Berkut, March 06, 2011, 01:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

The WitE forum delivers!

I especially like the newer players who complain that they can't succeed at the game, so it must be broken.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Habbaku

I can't succeed as the Soviets in taking Berlin in 1941 against Berkut's Germans.  Game is t3h borken.  :mad:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

PDH

Well, I have 200 Tigers in my pool and I demand the 1st SS WaffenTiger Division NOW!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Habbaku

:bleeding:  The SS fanboi is getting worse.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

PDH

It is an old schtick. Trolling, then asking "what is a troll?" when called on it. In this case it is the "what does it mean to be ignored?'

Oh well, at least they are consistent.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

PDH

And the relativism taken to extremes is worse than the fanboism to me.  Churchill supported Eugenics in 1910, he is obviously as bad as Hitler!
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Syt

Berk, I have to bow out, I just don't have the time right now. :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Drakken

Quote from: PDH on April 03, 2011, 11:29:39 AM
And the relativism taken to extremes is worse than the fanboism to me.  Churchill supported Eugenics in 1910, he is obviously as bad as Hitler!

Churchill was a meat-eater. To PETA fanbois he is worse than Hitler.

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

WE HAFTA WAIT FOR 1.04!

Actually, I've been kind of busy being single dad, and by the time I sat down to get some gaming in, I just wasn't up to something as heavy as WITE. So I just did my turn for the other game, because I knew you would be very understanding, the way you are.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Awfully convenient that your lack of time happens when we hit the first turn of blizzard.  :hmm:

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on April 13, 2011, 01:26:32 PM
Awfully convenient that your lack of time happens when we hit the first turn of blizzard.  :hmm:

Is it blizzard? Hadn't noticed.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

KRonn

Quote from: Habbaku on April 13, 2011, 01:26:32 PM
Smart... waiting for the storm to end!   

Ed Anger

Some q's:

Do you have to move every friggin' unit, or can you order a HQ to do something and it moves the shit for you? I know I want to move every GODDAMN GERMAN DIVISION on the east front about as much as I want to have my teeth drilled.

Airpower: can you let the machine do it, or do you have to tell Rudel where to take a shit after dropping his bombs?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ape

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 12, 2011, 10:29:36 AM

Airpower: can you let the machine do it, or do you have to tell Rudel where to take a shit after dropping his bombs?

"Herr Rudel, ze poo goes in zat hole over dere, und ze bombs goes on ze head on Ivan over dere"  :D

no sorry I have no idea