Started by Berkut, March 06, 2011, 01:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Some moves is better than no moves...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

I thought Syt was just trying to recreate the length of the actual war.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

PDH

Hehe, Berk is using logic against the German Fanbois who are screaming that the production pools have unused Tiger Tanks.

They are certain he hates history.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Habbaku

Some of the breathless posters over there make Martinus' histrionics seem rational and even-keeled.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

I might have been a little harsh.

0 rows returned

PDH

I tried to argue that the 1st winter was in reality quite harsh with abul and kirk...and they freaked out.  Being told off by a fanboi isn't too bad, even when they tell you that it is obvious that you have never studied history.  :)
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Drakken

I don't understand, are they arguing that the 1941-1942 winter in the area being one of the harshest recorded is not historical, especially in summer German uniforms with wrapped newspapers in their boots and gloves?  :huh:

Syt

Frogboy (Brad Waddell from Stardock recently linked in his Elemental journals to an interesting WitE article re: rail supplies and the importance of them:

http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2011/03/22/war-in-the-east-sid-meiers-heinz-guderians-railroad-tycoon/
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Berkut

Cool article. I love well written AARs. I wish I had the patience to do them myself.

0 rows returned

Berkut

We need to talk the Devs into adding the Maus to the production schedule.

Don't ever have a unit that has it in its TO&E though. Just let them accumulate in the pool. Sitting there. Never being used...

The fanbois would all have a collective stroke.

0 rows returned

Ed Anger

Just 2 Maus. And give the Confederates ironclads in 1861.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Just don't try and rationalize with Abul or Kirk...they don't use logic.  They are all that is good and true about fanbois.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Berkut

People seem to like my suggestion of killing two birds with one stone, and using up those 200 extra Tigers and 400 extra 10.5cm AA guns by allowing the players to simply place 2 of each gun on a Tiger and form up a serious Panzer division with them...After all, it is totally unrealistic to just leave them sitting in the pool! It would never happen!

0 rows returned

PDH

I totally agree. Any casual reading of history will show you that there were NEVER 200 Tiger tanks in the national pool.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien