Main Menu

N. Korea jammed GPS signal in S. Korea

Started by jimmy olsen, March 07, 2011, 12:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 08, 2011, 07:00:40 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 08, 2011, 03:45:39 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 07, 2011, 02:15:16 PM
Like I said, I can navigate.  But one of the reasons I got my GPS unit was so I wouldn't have to keep a bunch of old maps in the car. 

I don't have a GPS unit and try not to keep a bunch of old maps in the car. :huh:
If you live in a large city and don't travel outside of it it's not really necessary if you know the city well.

I'm not sure why you'd need maps or a GPS unit in a large city that you know well. And if we're talking about a city like New York, I don't know why one would be driving about all that often. :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on March 08, 2011, 07:02:18 PM
Like I said, I can navigate.  But one of the reasons I got my GPS unit was so I wouldn't have to keep a bunch of old maps in the car. 

I don't have a GPS unit and try not to keep a bunch of old maps in the car. :huh:
If you live in a large city and don't travel outside of it it's not really necessary if you know the city well.

I'm not sure why you'd need maps or a GPS unit in a large city that you know well.
I said you wouldn't need it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 09, 2011, 02:32:58 AM
Quote from: garbon on March 08, 2011, 07:02:18 PM

I'm not sure why you'd need maps or a GPS unit in a large city that you know well.
I said you wouldn't need it.

Yes but who is this "you"? It surely isn't me.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.