News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Libyan Civil War Megathread

Started by jimmy olsen, March 05, 2011, 09:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Why did the Poles charge panzers with cavalry btw? While stabbing at the armor with their lances didn't they once stop to think about how stupid they were? 
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on March 27, 2011, 03:27:14 AM
Why did the Poles charge panzers with cavalry btw? While stabbing at the armor with their lances didn't they once stop to think about how stupid they were?
:D

Mr.Penguin

The new poster "child" of the rebellion

Note among his collection of lucky charms, 23mm AA round, fuse of a 106mm type 63 rocket and handcuffs, kinky stuff... ;) 
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on March 27, 2011, 03:25:40 AM
So preventing mass slaughter of civilian populace is not in your country's interest? Spoken like a true nationalist Orban follower. The Soviets did not rape you enough in 1956.

Says the guy who is busy being a rich gay lawyer, instead of helping the countless millions of civilians routinely terrorized and massacred on a daily basis in Sub-Saharan Africa.

dps

So preventing mass slaughter of civilian populace is not in your country's interest? Spoken like a true nationalist Orban follower. The Soviets did not rape you enough in 1956.

Preventing mass slaughter of foreign civilians = humanitarianism.
A country taking action in its own best interest = realpolitic.

See any difference there?

Slargos

'
Trololol  :lol:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Slargos on March 27, 2011, 06:29:41 AM
'

I really must congratulate Mart in firing up Zoltan.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Mr.Penguin

Something to please the eye...

Btw, she is French...:perv:
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Slargos

Enjoy them while they last. Soon, there will be none left.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 27, 2011, 07:03:49 AM
Quote from: Slargos on March 27, 2011, 06:29:41 AM
'

I really must congratulate Mart in firing up Zoltan.

I think you may have meant this one....

Slargos

Sheilbh

Quote from: jamesww on March 26, 2011, 04:30:43 PM
Perhaps the most upsetting story I've seen coming out of Libya:

Gaddafi media minders/thugs snatch 'rape victim' away from foreign journalists:

Watch the video, Channel 4 news:
http://www.channel4.com/news/catch-up/display/playlistref/260311/clipid/260311_LibyaMiller_26

Very brave woman, though she's probably 'signed her own death warrant'.
I saw this on Sky News (their reporter's the woman who keeps asking 'where are you taking her?').  It's one of the most distressing reports I've seen.

QuoteNPR was reporting that the rebs had captured/recaptured some town from the Kaddafites.  Hadn't heard of the town before, Amujibad or something.
Ajdabiya?  The fighting's been going on there for most of the last week.  Apparently after that the government forces seemed to lose spirit.  Last I heard the rebels had pushed on to Brega, though I'm not sure how true that is.
Let's bomb Russia!

Legbiter

Can't both sides be bombed simultaniously and then the French take over administrating the place?  :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

jamesww

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 27, 2011, 06:27:57 PM
Quote from: jamesww on March 26, 2011, 04:30:43 PM
Perhaps the most upsetting story I've seen coming out of Libya:

Gaddafi media minders/thugs snatch 'rape victim' away from foreign journalists:

Watch the video, Channel 4 news:
http://www.channel4.com/news/catch-up/display/playlistref/260311/clipid/260311_LibyaMiller_26

Very brave woman, though she's probably 'signed her own death warrant'.
I saw this on Sky News (their reporter's the woman who keeps asking 'where are you taking her?').  It's one of the most distressing reports I've seen.

Yes, just about had me in tears, the only other event thats moved me as much has been the stoicism shown by many of the Japanese tsunami survivors. 

Sue Turton, formerly Channel 4 news, has just filed a piece for al-Jazeera on instances of rape and disappearances in newly liberated Ajdabiya. I don't have a weblink, but its been shown in the first 1/2 hour of their rolling news coverage.