News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Libyan Civil War Megathread

Started by jimmy olsen, March 05, 2011, 09:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 25, 2011, 05:58:22 AM
The UK offered up 50 000 troops and to lead a ground force in Kosovo.  That convinced the US to join in threatening a ground war which, in turn, scared the Serbs into withdrawing.  There was very significant European commitment - at least from the UK.

You mean, only from the UK.  Tony Blair was the only European leader that truly stood up as said, "because this doesn't happen in Europe any more."
Too bad your nation's rich history of faggoty-ass generalship continued with that faggoty-ass Jackson.

Quotebut do think Obama needs Congressional approval.
Fuck them.  Fickle bitches.  If it were a derspeiss white boy from the Grand Cracker Party, the Republitards would be in bloodlust.

Neil

Wes Clark was a whiny little bitch.  He couldn't even win the respect of his subordinates, so what made him think he could win the respect of a nation?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on June 25, 2011, 09:42:28 AM
Wes Clark was a whiny little bitch.  He couldn't even win the respect of his subordinates, so what made him think he could win the respect of a nation?

You must be so glad we have NAFTA, so there's no tariffs involved when you swallow Hansmeister's jizz.

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 25, 2011, 05:58:22 AM

:blink: 

The UK offered up 50 000 troops and to lead a ground force in Kosovo.  That convinced the US to join in threatening a ground war which, in turn, scared the Serbs into withdrawing.  There was very significant European commitment - at least from the UK.

Italians were pretty pissy about it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

Quote from: Razgovory on June 25, 2011, 11:00:14 AM
Italians were pretty pissy about it.
D'Alema and Berlusconi supported it - so both of the major political leaders of the two big blocs.  The Italian government supported it and contributed.  As everywhere else in Europe the only real opposition came from the extreme left, it's just that Italy has a far larger extreme left than most of the world.

Fuck them.  Fickle bitches.  If it were a derspeiss white boy from the Grand Cracker Party, the Republitards would be in bloodlust.
I think this is probably true.  Doesn't stop them being right.
Let's bomb Russia!

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 25, 2011, 10:23:37 AM
You must be so glad we have NAFTA, so there's no tariffs involved when you swallow Hansmeister's jizz.
It's a shame that NAFTA doesn't allow you guys to get socialized medicine.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on June 25, 2011, 11:59:29 AM

It wasn't NAFTA

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 26, 2011, 06:25:25 PM

It wasn't NAFTA

It doesn't matter what side of the political spectrum you are - this kind is back and forth is what makes Languish great. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 20, 2011, 07:58:56 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on June 20, 2011, 07:53:49 PM
Quote from: Tyr on June 20, 2011, 07:16:19 PM
Man, this war really is Mad Max.

I think it's more B.A. Baracus/A-Team turning-truck-into-armored-vehicle montage.

Who are we kidding, it's more like a Lindsay-Sidney-Greenbush-doing-a-faceplant-downhill-during-the-opening-credits-of-Little-House-On-The-Prairie.

:D  I forgot about that, had to go watch it on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhHrOgOkXZw

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 26, 2011, 06:25:25 PM
It wasn't NAFTA

The Gipper was ahead of his time when it came to sniffing out my death panels.

But seriously, it's hard to take Reagan seriously on policy issues, what with the whole voodoo economics thing.

Mr.Penguin

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 26, 2011, 08:42:11 PM
Looks like the Rebels are making some progress in the west.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-libya-rebels-20110627,0,3634474.story

Problem is that rebels so far has proven bad at taking and holding on to larger towns. Also after Bir Ghanam and the Nafusa Mountains is there open plain all around, again to the disadvantage of the rebels, as seen out side Misrata in the west and the oil twon of Brega in the east...
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on June 26, 2011, 11:56:30 PM

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-libya-rebels-20110627,0,3634474.story

Problem is that rebels so far has proven bad at taking and holding on to larger towns. Also after Bir Ghanam and the Nafusa Mountains is there open plain all around, again to the disadvantage of the rebels, as seen out side Misrata in the west and the oil twon of Brega in the east...
Shouldn't NATO air assets be able to pound Government forces in the open?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Mr.Penguin

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 26, 2011, 11:59:28 PM

Shouldn't NATO air assets be able to pound Government forces in the open?

Tanks and artillery, yes. Lightly armed soldiers, no...

You would be surprised to see how mush a single infantry company, supported by a few light mortars can do again a disorganized mob like the Libyan rebels... 
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Berkut

Shrug. Just because they are not good at something now doesn't mean they won't be good at it later. It takes time to train a bunch of rebels. The writing is on the wall for the government forces, it is just a matter of time.

It's not like there is some kind of huge hurry, and if the rebels don't win in the next 6 weeks they lose or something.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned