Unemployed Chinaman? Take it out on kids!

Started by CountDeMoney, April 29, 2010, 04:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Jaron on April 30, 2010, 12:54:50 AM
So losing your only kid means you start all over and have no investment in your future.

Have another child...

Which is why I don't really by the argument that it is less devastating to lose a child if you have others to spare.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on April 30, 2010, 01:00:16 AM
Quote from: Jaron on April 30, 2010, 12:54:50 AM
So losing your only kid means you start all over and have no investment in your future.

Have another child...

Which is why I don't really by the argument that it is less devastating to lose a child if you have others to spare.

If you have other kids completely giving in to grief isn't an option, you have to keep going and keep building your life. Plus they will keep you occupied which generally promotes mental well-being.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: garbon on April 30, 2010, 01:00:16 AM
Have another child...

A lot of women will be too old have another child.  Too late for them to start again. 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 30, 2010, 12:15:27 AM
Quote from: Brazen on April 29, 2010, 08:46:28 AM
Because if they had more they'd be expendable?

Well, no, though I think parents with multiple children may be better able to cope with the loss of one.

:lol:

merithyn

Well, no, though I think parents with multiple children may be better able to cope with the loss of one.

:blink:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Berkut

Crunch all you want! We'll make more!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

Quote from: merithyn on April 30, 2010, 07:32:07 AM

:blink:

What Brain said-
QuoteIf you have other kids completely giving in to grief isn't an option, you have to keep going and keep building your life. Plus they will keep you occupied which generally promotes mental well-being.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grinning_Colossus

Wow. You probably have to be a real fuck-up to be chronically unemployed in China.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 30, 2010, 11:22:13 AM
What Brain said-
QuoteIf you have other kids completely giving in to grief isn't an option, you have to keep going and keep building your life. Plus they will keep you occupied which generally promotes mental well-being.

When the real parents turn against you, you are probably wrong. :console:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on April 30, 2010, 01:16:37 PM
When the real parents turn against you, you are probably wrong. :console:

It's strictly a hypothetical for most of them too. My anecdotal evidence of having parents who lost a child is at least as strong as that of being a parent who hasn't.

Eddie Teach

Also, I'd like to point out the word "may" in my original comment. I'm not saying that there's any hard and fast rule for how people deal with grief.

C.C.R.

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on April 30, 2010, 01:14:58 PM
Wow. You probably have to be a real fuck-up to be chronically unemployed in China.

Well, given that the guy stabbed and/or slashed 31 people without managing to kill *ANY* of them I'd say that he's even a fuck-up at being a fuck-up...

Berkut

No kidding, you would think he would kill someone if only by accident if he stabbed 31 people.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Caliga

Quote from: Berkut on April 29, 2010, 12:01:43 PM
Yeah, I am wondering what kind of punishment you can come up with to deter people from going on insane killing sprees. Especially in China, where they actually do take that death penalty thing seriously.
I know!  How about punishing them before they even commit the crime in the first place. :smarty:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points