News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Britain's First TV Election Debate

Started by Sheilbh, April 15, 2010, 05:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Palisadoes on April 30, 2010, 04:36:43 PM
Which was done  by a Labour government and opposed by the Conservatives (apparently?). It was a necessary evil, unfortunately.
Osborne called it completely unacceptable, opposed de facto nationalisation and the Tories voted against the Bill's second and third reading.

That's a big problem I have with the Tories.  They got the single biggest issue of the last Parliament totally, utterly, monumentally wrong.
Let's bomb Russia!

Palisadoes

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 30, 2010, 04:47:52 PM
Which was done  by a Labour government and opposed by the Conservatives (apparently?). It was a necessary evil, unfortunately.
Osborne called it completely unacceptable, opposed de facto nationalisation and the Tories voted against the Bill's second and third reading.

That's a big problem I have with the Tories.  They got the single biggest issue of the last Parliament totally, utterly, monumentally wrong.
I agree they called it wrong. However, when you know it's going to go through then you may as well object it incase it does go wrong (same as the Lib Dems with Iraq! :P).

Fate

Banks were bedchums with Labour for over the last decade or so. It's how Labour got into power (wooing big business).
No, Labour got into power by wooing lower class bigots and British supremacists.

Palisadoes

Quote from: Fate on April 30, 2010, 06:04:08 PM
Banks were bedchums with Labour for over the last decade or so. It's how Labour got into power (wooing big business).
No, Labour got into power by wooing lower class bigots and British supremacists.
Ahh yes... their core voters returned! :bowler: