News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Britain's First TV Election Debate

Started by Sheilbh, April 15, 2010, 05:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Barrister on April 20, 2010, 04:06:36 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on April 20, 2010, 04:03:34 PM
Fuck it I'm voting Lib Dem :w00t:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I've voted Lib Dem before many times.  Just never with the slightest bit of hope.  Like Nick Clegg really.

And I'm with B. 

:w00t:
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

But, but... you always struck me as a bit of a kindred-spirit, in that you were a doctrinaire party-man (even if it was a party of evil and villainy).  :cry:

Warspite

In other news: journalists holed up in their Islington and Hampstead dinner party sets make broad sweeping pronouncements about the voting intentions of a public whom they would despise immediately if they ever met.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Sheilbh

Quote from: Barrister on April 20, 2010, 04:25:34 PM
But, but... you always struck me as a bit of a kindred-spirit, in that you were a doctrinaire party-man (even if it was a party of evil and villainy).  :cry:
I've never actually voted for Labour... :blush:
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 20, 2010, 04:16:06 PM

:w00t:

I'll raise you:

And you never voted for Labour?  I don't even know who you are any more...

Josquius

Fair enough on the first 2, the 3rd.....ups and downs. The 4th though no. Wish she'd hurry up and die so we can have that long awaited party.

Oh, and yeah, I'm voting lib dem too.
I was going to do nothing and not bother. My place is a labour safe seat anyway. Following the lib dem upsurge though why not. At the least maybe it'll give our crappy MP something to worry about.
██████
██████
██████

Palisadoes

Quote from: Tyr on April 20, 2010, 06:51:17 PM
Fair enough on the first 2, the 3rd.....ups and downs. The 4th though no. Wish she'd hurry up and die so we can have that long awaited party.
You mean... her state funeral? ;)

Agelastus

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 20, 2010, 04:37:49 PM

:o

I really thought you'd voted for Blair from the tone of your political posting.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

citizen k

Quote from: Tyr on April 20, 2010, 06:51:17 PM
The 4th though no. Wish she'd hurry up and die so we can have that long awaited party.

If it wasn't for her, Britain could very well be on the same road that Greece is on today.

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 20, 2010, 04:37:49 PM

Have you ever voted?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I've always been able to respect a party man.  Reagan, Beria, Eden, Himmler.  Party-men to the last.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on April 20, 2010, 08:26:13 PM

I've always been able to respect a party man.  Reagan, Beria, Eden, Himmler.  Party-men to the last.
Reagan switched parties. And lets not forget Churchill who switched twice IIRC.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 20, 2010, 08:37:12 PM
Reagan switched parties. And lets not forget Churchill who switched twice IIRC.
Fate/Raz rule violation!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadImmortalMan

Churchill was a Liberal. Neener neener.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers