Unemployed Chinaman? Take it out on kids!

Started by CountDeMoney, April 29, 2010, 04:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

QuoteChinese man stabs children in kindergarten, 31 hurt

Reuters
Thursday, April 29, 2010; 5:08 AM

BEIJING (Reuters) - A knife-wielding man injured 28 children, two teachers and a security guard in a kindergarten in eastern China, state media reported on Thursday, the fourth such stabbing case in recent weeks.

Xu Yuyuan, 47, an unemployed local man, broke into a classroom in Taixing city of eastern Jiangsu province on Thursday morning, attacking the children with a 20 cm long knife, the official Xinhua news agency said.

The injured children were all about four years old, and five are in critical condition, it added.

Xu has been jobless since he was fired from a local insurance company in 2001, and then took part in pyramid selling schemes, Xinhua added.

The attack is the fourth reported school stabbing in China in recent weeks, and the rash of violence has prompted public calls for more measures to protect students in a country where many couples only have one child.

A man stabbed 16 students and a teacher at a primary school in southern China on Wednesday, the same day that a former doctor was executed for stabbing to death eight school children last month.

"More concrete measures should be taken to make school the safest place," a commentary in today's Beijing News said, calling for more serve punishment for these killers.

Some web users are discussing about the root causes of the increasing number of school tragedies.

"We should think about these cases from a deeper side, the voices of weak people were ignored, and then they took revenge on society," said one commentary on the online Bulletin Board System of Tsinghua University (www.newsmth.net).

A commentary by the official China Youth Daily, shortly after the first stabbing, said that in addition to beefing up security at schools, the government should offer more psychological counseling across the country.

Jaron

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

On one hand, its a horrible crime. On the other hand, they were going to grow up to be enemies of the US anyway.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

grumbler

Quote from: Jaron on April 29, 2010, 05:08:38 AM
On the other hand, they were going to grow up to be enemies of the US anyway.
Nits make lice. :contract:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Maximus

Moron. Never bring a knife to a school shooting.

Brazen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 29, 2010, 04:46:37 AM
The attack is the fourth reported school stabbing in China in recent weeks, and the rash of violence has prompted public calls for more measures to protect students in a country where many couples only have one child.
Because if they had more they'd be expendable?

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 29, 2010, 04:46:37 AM
Quote...

A man stabbed 16 students and a teacher at a primary school in southern China on Wednesday, the same day that a former doctor was executed for stabbing to death eight school children last month.

"More concrete measures should be taken to make school the safest place," a commentary in today's Beijing News said, calling for more serve punishment for these killers....

I can't wait to see what they some up with next.

Berkut

Yeah, I am wondering what kind of punishment you can come up with to deter people from going on insane killing sprees. Especially in China, where they actually do take that death penalty thing seriously.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Brain

In Blackadder they had some ideas. "-A fate even worse than a fate worse than death? That's pretty bad..."
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on April 29, 2010, 12:01:43 PM
Yeah, I am wondering what kind of punishment you can come up with to deter people from going on insane killing sprees. Especially in China, where they actually do take that death penalty thing seriously.

Death by water torture?

If you know you will be in constant agony for weeks, maybe that will deter some of them.  :sleep:

Josquius

Quote from: Berkut on April 29, 2010, 12:01:43 PM
Isn't destroying their bloodline the old Chinese way?
Or is that some other fucked up ancient folk
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Brazen on April 29, 2010, 08:46:28 AM
Because if they had more they'd be expendable?

Well, no, though I think parents with multiple children may be better able to cope with the loss of one.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 30, 2010, 12:15:27 AM
Well, no, though I think parents with multiple children may be better able to cope with the loss of one.

I don't think it works that way. :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jaron

I can see where hes coming from though. For parents to lose their whole family in one day is a lot to deal with. Plus in China that's their future source of support and such. So losing your only kid means you start all over and have no investment in your future.
Winner of THE grumbler point.