News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

common recurring dreams

Started by Josephus, April 22, 2010, 11:06:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 23, 2010, 06:59:18 PM
I dream of cannibalism and fucking Hitler's daughter.

You dream you're Syt?  I wonder if Syt dreams he's you.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 23, 2010, 09:38:09 PM
Quote from: Jaron on April 23, 2010, 07:53:53 PM
I miss my wife.

It's lonely out in space. :yes:
In space, no one can hear your wife bitching at you to take out the garbage.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

I just had a dream about being in a museum, sexual frustration and people speaking with irish accents. I wonder what it means.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Brazen

I have two regular themes. One is swimming in outdoor pools. Usually the sun's on me and I feel great, but there's something wrong, like the tiles are cracked or its dirty. In the other I find a room or cellar I didn't know I had (cellars are hard to come by on the second floor!). Guess it's the usual tiny flat frustration.

dps

Quote from: derspiess on April 22, 2010, 01:44:14 PM
My variation of the "missing an exam" dream is that I had slept in and skipped the class, only to realize too late that there had been an exam.  Since that actually happened on one occasion, it always feels real.

My variation is that there is a class that I haven't attended all semester and didn't even know I was registered for, and now I have to ace the final to pass the class--and I can't find the room where the exam is being held.  I still have this dream fairly often.  Keep in mind that I havesn't been a student since 1984.

Another dream I've had a lot over the years is the sudden onset of a new Ice Age, somewhat like in the movie The Day After Tomorrow.  The movie certainly didn't trigger this dream--for one thing, I've never actually seen the movie, and I've been having this dream since childhood.

garbon

Quote from: dps on April 24, 2010, 11:46:51 AM
Keep in mind that I havesn't been a student since 1984.

I think we can tell. :rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PDH

Quote from: garbon on April 24, 2010, 02:20:27 PM
Quote from: dps on April 24, 2010, 11:46:51 AM
Keep in mind that I havesn't been a student since 1984.

I think we can tell. :rolleyes:
Writes like my freshmen...seems like modern student material to me.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Kleves

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 22, 2010, 09:22:17 PM
I dream about pets I've had. 
Sometimes I do, too, but my dreams are always nightmares. I dream that when I attempted to have my old, sick pets put to sleep, it didn't take. Instead it lobotomzed them, so that they are constantly stumbling around, unable to walk correctly, drooling and witless, but somehow always following me wherever I go.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Kleves on April 24, 2010, 08:37:52 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 22, 2010, 09:22:17 PM
I dream about pets I've had. 
Sometimes I do, too, but my dreams are always nightmares. I dream that when I attempted to have my old, sick pets put to sleep, it didn't take. Instead it lobotomzed them, so that they are constantly stumbling around, unable to walk correctly, drooling and witless, but somehow always following me wherever I go.

OK, you're a sick fuck.  Noted.

Martinus

My worst recurring nightmare is this: I am with some good looking male friend or colleague of mine (it's not always the same person - I had this dream about maybe 10 or more different people over the years), who is straight. I try to seduce him and otherwise convince him to have sex with me (usually involving my particular fetish :P) but all the time someone interrupts us and we have to find a more secluded spot. Finally, when we manage to get alone and I start to undress him, I wake up. Admittedly, this one was much more frequent before I started dating guys, and now happens once a year or so.

Another dream I sometimes have - and this one is purely health-based - is one associated with the fact that I never had my tonsils removed and so I often open my mouth when I sleep and my throat gets all dried up. So whenever that happens, I dream of choking on things - food, bird feathers, cloth, that kind of thing - I keep removing them from my mouth but there is always more coming, like the cherry stones from that woman's mouth in "Witches of Eastwick".

Finally, when I was a kid I used to have this recurring dream of some monstrous dwarf crawling towards me while I kept trying to kill him, hitting him over the head with some long log or sword or something but he would never die. Eventually, one night I dreamed I cut his head off and the dream never came back.  :ph34r:

Malthus

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 23, 2010, 06:59:18 PM
I dream of cannibalism and fucking Hitler's daughter.

The subject is dreams, not fantasies;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Martinus

One of the weirdest recent dreams I had (not sure if I can consider it a recurring one, since I think I had it only once or twice), started with me walking down the road in my home town. Suddenly, I see my parents driving by slowly in one of their pre-WWII cars, all dressed up and shouting to me to join them since they are going to some event or a celebration. I get closer and I see that in the front passenger's seat there is a corpse of my grandma (now over 10 years dead), dressed up in a papal robes and tiara. I lose it at that point and start screaming at them along the lines of "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING? ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE?" And I wake up extremely angry at them (when my mother called me that morning, I was still pissed off at her, over that dream :P).

In fact, the theme of my parents (especially my mother) causing me to go into blind rage in my dream is a non-infrequent feature of my dreams. :P

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Monoriu

I had a pretty odd dream last night.  I was buying something, and I gave my credit card to the sales staff.  I waited, and waited, but they didn't come back.  I went to the cashier's desk to see what was going on.  Sure enough, the card was on the table and no one was doing anything.  I took my card back and left, without buying anything.