And we're back!

Main Menu

Why 'Gen Y' should cry

Started by FunkMonk, April 24, 2010, 11:39:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 25, 2010, 01:02:17 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 25, 2010, 12:29:54 PM
Bah.  Baby boomers are in full-fledged retirement mode.  Lots of openings coming available.  It's a great time to be a Gen Xer.

Not necessarily.  When the economy shit the bed, the most affected were those within 5 years of retirement;  a ton of them have found themselves working and putting off retirement to make up for the 401K market losses.

Maybe it's a government thing then. 
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 25, 2010, 10:18:23 AM
How many thought they'd be movie producers or write scripts?  ;)
Actually one kid a year younger than me from my school is a writer for WWE. :punk:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Alcibiades

Quote from: garbon on April 25, 2010, 11:16:30 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 25, 2010, 05:43:11 AM
he probably banked a year's worth of base pay and combat pay while he was on tour

I wonder what that looks like.

$3,500 a month into my pocket tax free.  :)

Just banked out on Intel last week, +52% profit on $26,000.   :bowler:

Still have some invested though, but if we're including assets, depending on how much marty's flat is ( although it is Poland so probably cheaper than an RV in the US) he may come out ahead despite my car and new motorcycle.

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Caliga

Quote from: Alcibiades on April 25, 2010, 02:20:51 PM
Just banked out on Intel last week, +52% profit on $26,000.   :bowler:
Nice work, son.  Last week was a good week for cashing out of stocks for Languish peeps. :smoke:

If you're new to this though, beware of... capital gains tax.  :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Hmm, well it is nice to see that there are options for those otherwise useless to society.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Alcibiades

Quote from: garbon on April 25, 2010, 02:27:24 PM
Hmm, well it is nice to see that there are options for those otherwise useless to society.

I assume there is no hope for you though.  :console:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

garbon

I was feeling that way for a few months, but now I'm over it. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Alcibiades

Prozac is great I hear.  :)

On a side note, does it make you even more bitter that you're already at a dead end and little old loser me is already ahead of you in just about all measurable categories while being younger?  :yeah:

garbon

Never tried it.

No not really at all. I've got some good experience and I'm on to the next one.  Whereas as soon as you get back to your career, you've a good chance of dying.../your career involves living in intolerable conditions. It's like the Mono plan but worse.

Also, is being a child with a child a good thing? :unsure:

garbon

Oh and did you have a better cost-free education?

DGuller

Awww, you guys are so cute like that.

Alcibiades

Ah well I'm not doing infantry again, going to fly so it's not nearly as dangerous and the living conditions will be good.   :ph34r:

I love my son, it's something you really can't knock on until you actually have a child I don't think.... At first it seemed terrible but now I'm very thankful. :mellow:

And I'm not really a child at 22 any more, despite what you would like to insinuate.  ;)

University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana 100% paid for?  Definitely. Tier 1 and in the top 30 for institutions in the nation depending where exactly you look and for what.  Where'd you go again, UCLA?  Wouldn't say that's better than where I go.  :huh:

garbon

Quote from: Alcibiades on April 25, 2010, 03:16:02 PM
University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana 100% paid for?  Definitely. Tier 1 and in the top 30 for institutions in the nation depending where exactly you look and for what.  Where'd you go again, UCLA?  Wouldn't say that's better than where I go.  :huh:

:lol:

No silly, child. Stanford (let alone the fact that I didn't pay a cent) is demonstrably better.

PDH

Fuck you all. I was smart and chose grandparents who were rich.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Alcibiades

Quote from: garbon on April 25, 2010, 03:18:51 PM
:lol:

No silly, child. Stanford (let alone the fact that I didn't pay a cent) is demonstrably better.

Did they teach you how to use commas at Standford? :D

And that's obviously only because you're black.   :lol: