Protest, Insurgency, and the Workings of White Privilege

Started by Faeelin, April 22, 2010, 08:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on April 22, 2010, 04:01:03 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 22, 2010, 02:22:04 PM

Oh, okay.  I'll take your word for it.  Thanks.  Kinda odd for US citizens to be waving Mexican flags like crazy.

It's kinda odd for several states to incorporate the flag of the greatest enemy of the US into the state flags.  They call it heritage.  Bleh.

Which states have the union jack in them?   :huh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sahib

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on April 22, 2010, 10:11:09 AM
Probably get a better response at EUOT
:lmfao:

It's cute that you people still think of EUOT as some sort of Eurocommie stronghold.
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

citizen k

Quote from: Sahib on April 22, 2010, 05:24:08 PM

It's cute that you people still think of EUOT as some sort of Eurocommie stronghold.

Too many kids on there for me.

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on April 22, 2010, 02:22:04 PM
Quote from: grumbler on April 22, 2010, 01:46:47 PM
Not the issue.  Tea party people are also demanding things they are not "entitled to." 

Oh, like citizenship for a country they entered illegally & reside/work in illegally?  Damn those tea partiers!
Uh, yeah.  Yeah, sure. * backs away slowly*

QuoteOh, okay.  I'll take your word for it.  Thanks.  Kinda odd for US citizens to be waving Mexican flags like crazy.
Kinda odd for one to speak of rallies in which some Mexican flags were waved to now be full of people "waving Mexican flags like crazy," but if that rant makes you feel better, go for it.  Truth is over-rated when it comes to emotional satisfaction.

QuoteAnyway, I'm sure some were citizens, but there were still large numbers of illegals who had the cojones to demand citizenship.   
I am sure that there are illegal immigrants who demand citizenship, just as there are people who claim that the earth is flat.  Not sure what either has to do with this discussion, though.

QuoteIt's like an uninvited guest who shows up at a party at your house & then demands that you let him move in.
Good analogy, Marti.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

JonasSalk

Quote from: Razgovory on April 22, 2010, 04:01:03 PMIt's kinda odd for several states to incorporate the flag of the greatest enemy of the US into the state flags.  They call it heritage.  Bleh.

Only one state (Mississippi) has the old Army of Northern Virginia battle flag on it, not "several" and the CSA was certainly not the greatest "enemy" of the US.  Rather, it sought--rightly or wrongly--to preserve the US through secession, the ultimate check on government.

Now make a post that says "lol slavery" and get your facts wrong again, please.
Yuman

JonasSalk

Yuman

grumbler

Overstatement much?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: JonasSalk on April 22, 2010, 06:38:36 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 22, 2010, 04:01:03 PMIt's kinda odd for several states to incorporate the flag of the greatest enemy of the US into the state flags.  They call it heritage.  Bleh.

Only one state (Mississippi) has the old Army of Northern Virginia battle flag on it, not "several" and the CSA was certainly not the greatest "enemy" of the US.  Rather, it sought--rightly or wrongly--to preserve the US through secession, the ultimate check on government.

Now make a post that says "lol slavery" and get your facts wrong again, please.
Well hello there. :yeahright:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jaron

Yeah word of advice: Habbakus brother is slightly crazy in his politics. :P
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jaron on April 22, 2010, 07:04:59 PM
Yeah word of advice: Habbakus brother is slightly crazy in his politics. :P
Is that who Jonas Salk is?

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

sbr

HisMajestyBOB

They've gone all Hansie and Ron Paul-libertardian crazy over there. :(
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Habbaku

:lol:  Have they, now?  I find that hard to believe.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

sbr