Supreme Court to consider case against California law school

Started by jimmy olsen, April 18, 2010, 09:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

garbon

The Brain

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

garbon

garbon

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: dps on April 20, 2010, 06:06:50 PM
I can see a compelling government interest in allowing military recruiters onto school campuses.  I don't see a compelling state interest in forcing Christian organizations to admit gay members.

The opposite is closer to the truth.  Preventing discrimination on the basis of religious belief is definitely a compelling state interest - there is a huge line of case law that so holds.  Ability to recruit on campus OTOH is a convenience but not a necessity - there are many alternate means to recruit students effectively.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon