News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Everyday Adventures

Started by The Brain, April 18, 2010, 03:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

I had a file in court today.  A family dispute, which isn't unusual, but this family is Kurdish.

Today I learned there are multiple different versions of the Kurdish language.  This family spoke Bahdini kurdish, which isn't even one of the big two languages in Kurdistan.
Quote from: crazy canuckBB's treatment is consistent with one who defends positions taken by the conservative wing of the Conservatives.

DGuller

I was walking home today when some delivery idiot on a motorcycle (or scooter) blew through the red light, at the intersection I was about to cross.  He immediately wiped out at the other end of the intersection.  Lots of people near me cheered the instant karma, until they realized that he wiped out because he hit a pedestrian.

I stayed around to observe the scene.  Thankfully, while both people involved where lying on the ground dazed for about five minutes, they both eventually managed to walk into the ambulance, although the innocent pedestrian was bleeding from his face.  There seemed to be quite a few witnesses happy to describe to police what happened, so hopefully the asshole who blew the red light would get nailed.

Josquius

I took my son to the local library.
For some reason he was really interested in a book about Checkpoint Charlie.
I said we will go to Berlin one day.
He smiled.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

mongers

Noticed in Waitrose they had small 300g tins of Duchy organic oat biscuits reduced to clear, down to an affordable 6.79 quid a go, bargain!

At the check-out I noticed they're selling a canvas shopping bag for 8 quid, but since it's Heston-thingy branded it must be worth it. :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 03, 2022, 01:10:45 PMNow do it in a haiku.

Son at library
Wants a Checkpoint Charlie book
To Berlin we'll go.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josquius on May 03, 2022, 12:10:37 PMI took my son to the local library.
He smiled.

I think it has been taken down
I want you to panic

https://www.theguardian.com/science/video/2019/jan/25/i-want-you-to-panic-16-year-old-greta-thunberg-issues-climate-warning-at-davos-video

"Woke" is now almost exclusively used by those who seek to deride it, those who chafe at the activism from which it sprang. Opponents to the idea are seeking to render it toxic. They use it to stand in for change itself, for evolution, for an accurate assessment of history and society that makes them uncomfortable and deflates their hagiographic view of American history.

Zanza

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 05, 2022, 05:02:04 PM
Quote from: Josquius on May 03, 2022, 12:10:37 PMI took my son to the local library.
He smiled.

I think it has been taken down
No, it's still there. Now a tourist attraction with a museum on the Berlin Wall nearby.

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 03, 2022, 02:16:59 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 03, 2022, 01:10:45 PMNow do it in a haiku.

Son at library
Wants a Checkpoint Charlie book
To Berlin we'll go.

Needs a seasonal reference:

Library visit;
Checkpoint Charley fascinates
Spring will see us there
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

I thought the requirement was for a seasoning reference?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.