And we're back!

Main Menu

Ed reviews.....

Started by Ed Anger, April 18, 2010, 11:02:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: DontSayBanana on October 08, 2013, 10:46:07 PM
Quote from: Liep on October 08, 2013, 06:26:43 AM
I sometimes wish that there were a fastfood chain close by here. There is a sushi place with a few branches in the city, but that's not really good.

You wish you had crappier options for food available?  Never pegged you for a masochist.

Yes, more options. Tbh I doubt that BK or McD are much worse than most of the kebab shops around here. The cheap ones all get their meat from the same place anyhow, so having 10 kebab shops around isn't that exciting.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

In international fast food we have McD (plenty), BK (often), Subway (a few), KFC (very few) and Vapiano (rising). National ones are Schnitzelhaus and Pizza Mann. They're greatly outnumbered by Turkish/Balkans/Asian places.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ed Anger

Manfred Mann owns those.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Syt on October 09, 2013, 02:19:04 AM
In international fast food we have McD (plenty), BK (often), Subway (a few), KFC (very few) and Vapiano (rising). National ones are Schnitzelhaus and Pizza Mann. They're greatly outnumbered by Turkish/Balkans/Asian places.

I assume your talking Germany?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Liep

Carl's Jr is opening up a franchise in Denmark. First shop is far away though. :( Their maple sausage, egg and cheese looks deliciously nasty.

Or maybe just nasty.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

Quote from: Liep on October 09, 2013, 10:45:38 AM
Carl's Jr is opening up a franchise in Denmark. First shop is far away though. :( Their maple sausage, egg and cheese looks deliciously nasty.

Or maybe just nasty.

I used to love breakfast at Hardee's (same restaurant, different name) when I was in college.  Way too greasy for me these days, though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Every Turk-owned place I've been to in the US has had yummy food.  Just wish there were more.  I've seen a Doner Kabab truck around downtown, but I don't know where he sets up.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Quote from: derspiess on October 09, 2013, 10:52:38 AM

Every Turk-owned place I've been to in the US has had yummy food.  Just wish there were more.  I've seen a Doner Kabab truck around downtown, but I don't know where he sets up.

?

http://www.olegsfood.com/
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

Your Google skillz humble me, sir.

katmai

Quote from: derspiess on October 09, 2013, 11:03:19 AM
Your Google skillz humble me, sir.

Was curious as i know most food trucks are big proponents of social media to advertise. :D

derspiess

I'm a little behind the curve on that.

katmai

Quote from: derspiess on October 09, 2013, 11:11:12 AM
I'm a little behind the curve on that.

My excuse is friends who have food trucks for summer jobs (teachers rest of year)

derspiess

They're all the rage here these days.  A couple I've tried have been good, but it takes a lot to get me over my hangup of eating food from a truck.

crazy canuck

There is some very good food now being served out of lunch time trucks.  Its the new thing.