Ed reviews.....

Started by Ed Anger, April 18, 2010, 11:02:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camerus

That picture looks horrible.

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 18, 2010, 06:01:58 PM
Pepsi sold off KFC and Pizza Hut?
It owned KFC, Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut.  It didn't sell them to anyone, rather it made them an independent company called Tricon.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Monoriu

KFC chicken nuggets are good.  I had those when I was in Vancouver.  Can't find them in HK, though. 

But that pic is just  :bleeding:

DGuller

Ewwwugh, that looks gawd-awful, it sure is no Triple Stacker.

Eddie Teach

Alright, I just had one. It was actually pretty good. Nice cuts of chicken, the cheese product was edible, etc. I'm not sure it was worth seven and a half dollars, but it was a decent fast food meal.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martim Silva

Quote from: Ed Anger
America is fucked in the head, and our nuttiness is backed by nuclear weapons.

Ah, another one sees the light.

Welcome to the club.  :)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Martim Silva on April 19, 2010, 12:14:05 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger
America is fucked in the head, and our nuttiness is backed by nuclear weapons.

Ah, another one sees the light.

Welcome to the club.  :)

I don't think I want to be part of your club. After all you're the dude that thinks Cajun food is shunned here because of its french-ness.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

alfred russel

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 19, 2010, 11:50:11 AM
Alright, I just had one. It was actually pretty good. Nice cuts of chicken, the cheese product was edible, etc. I'm not sure it was worth seven and a half dollars, but it was a decent fast food meal.

They are five dollars. Did you really eat that plus a value meal?  :yucky:

Did you get the grilled one or the fried? The fried was one of the worst things I've eaten.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Caliga

The nonstop media frothing about the Double Down amused me at first, but is starting to get irritating.

Apparently even NPR agrees that the sandwich isn't really any worse for you than other typical fast food sandwiches.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2010/04/shots_v_the_double_down.html

Now, why the media obsessively focuses on fast food and sit-down places get a free pass is beyond me.  I doubt the quality of food at most sit down joints (i.e. TGI Fridays, Applebee's) is really much better, and the waitstaff tries to upsell the fuck out of you while you're there, pushing appetizers, dessert, etc. on you.  Last time I checked McDonald's doesn't try to upsell at the register, and I rarely see people ordering desserts there (and do they really even serve appetizers?)

I bet the typical American would actually lose weight if they ate every meal at McDonald's and didn't super size everything.

Ed Anger

Cheesecake Factory now, that is a fat farm.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 19, 2010, 01:24:06 PM
Cheesecake Factory now, that is a fat farm.
Yeah, and how often do liberal busybodies scream about it?  :contract:

By the same token, it's also weird to me how PETA is so hateful toward KFC when basically every other restaurant under the sun serves factory farmed chicken and probably treats their chickens no better.

Conclusion: The media hates black people restaurants.  :(

alfred russel

Quote from: Caliga on April 19, 2010, 01:21:21 PM
The nonstop media frothing about the Double Down amused me at first, but is starting to get irritating.

Apparently even NPR agrees that the sandwich isn't really any worse for you than other typical fast food sandwiches.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2010/04/shots_v_the_double_down.html

Now, why the media obsessively focuses on fast food and sit-down places get a free pass is beyond me.  I doubt the quality of food at most sit down joints (i.e. TGI Fridays, Applebee's) is really much better, and the waitstaff tries to upsell the fuck out of you while you're there, pushing appetizers, dessert, etc. on you.  Last time I checked McDonald's doesn't try to upsell at the register, and I rarely see people ordering desserts there (and do they really even serve appetizers?)

I bet the typical American would actually lose weight if they ate every meal at McDonald's and didn't super size everything.

I very rarely eat fast food, but I felt worse after eating the double down. I'm leaning toward the double down being horrible nutrition. Does that make it worse than McDonald's? I don't know.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Jaron

KFC is white people's chicken.

Popeyes always had the  black customer in mind with their spicier fried chickens and catfish baskets.

Every black woman who works there looks like that bitch from Precious
Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

Quote from: Jaron on April 19, 2010, 01:36:48 PM
KFC is white people's chicken.

Popeyes always had the  black customer in mind with their spicier fried chickens and catfish baskets.

Every black woman who works there looks like that bitch from Precious

And isn't it odd that Popeyes chicken tastes much better?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: alfred russel on April 19, 2010, 01:16:45 PM
They are five dollars. Did you really eat that plus a value meal?  :yucky:

Did you get the grilled one or the fried? The fried was one of the worst things I've eaten.

Yep, and I had the fried.  :showoff: Though honestly I think the Mountain Dew hit my stomach worse than the chicken did. The chicken wasn't even as greasy as the potato wedges.

I tried the grilled chicken at KFC once and was very unenthused.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?