Not possible
14 (42.4%)
I own a share of Jaron.
4 (12.1%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on April 20, 2010, 06:14:29 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 20, 2010, 05:37:57 PM
I do not.  The place I work has a pretty crummy plan.  You deduct after-tax money from every pay check, then you use that at the end of the year to buy stock at the current price minus a 20% discount.  So you're floating the company in effect a six month loan.  Plus any fraction of share's worth of money left over is rolled over to the next year.  Plus it's in the form of an ADR, so you're paying a 1% management fee off the top as long as you own it.
For some reason I didn't think you were employed. :huh:

The Yister has been very quiet about his life since he left IMF so many years ago.  I don't recall him saying he was employed before now.

And I thought I typed this before (:unsure:) but Yi that still seems like a decent deal.  It's a guaranteed 20% return on your investment.  As long as you sell as soon as you are able, why not take advantage of that plan?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on April 20, 2010, 06:17:48 PM
And I thought I typed this before (:unsure:) but Yi that still seems like a decent deal.  It's a guaranteed 20% return on your investment.  As long as you sell as soon as you are able, why not take advantage of that plan?
In addition to the reasons I already mentioned, I think my expectations of company stock plans have been biased by my buddy at ABC, who gets a 100% match on purchases of GE.

Maybe I'll go back and read the details again, see how soon one can cash out.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 20, 2010, 06:30:13 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 20, 2010, 06:17:48 PM
In addition to the reasons I already mentioned, I think my expectations of company stock plans have been biased by my buddy at ABC, who gets a 100% match on purchases of GE.

Maybe I'll go back and read the details again, see how soon one can cash out.

Yeah, there are certainly better plans out there.  Zanza's plan sounded better for example.  But there's virtually no investment that gives you a guaranteed 20% return.

For a similar reason I sock every dime I can into my pension plan - with the government more than matching my contributions, it's a no-brainer.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.