OK, I'm doing it...yes, I'm doing it...I think I am...yeah

Started by CountDeMoney, April 17, 2010, 10:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martim Silva

Quote from: CountDeMoney
Did it already, thanks.  :hug:

You bought the special Blu-ray pack, which has the 250GB Slim plus movies and the bluetooth remote, right?  :)

Welcome to the world of true HD. You won't want to go back to SD.

As you've noticed already, the PS3 Slim is quite silent when playing movies; you won't even know it's there. Watch boatloads of them.

That remote is essential for movies. It can also double up as a controller, so you can play with another person if you wish.

Also, you can plug USB hard drives to it and play on your TV any media files they may contain (use the 'see all' option to be able to browse through the folders).

The PS3 is a lot of fun to use. Together with the fine Xbox 360, they're an unbeatable duo; always get the best game version possible.

Pedrito

Oh, Martim's post made me remember: PS3 can be used to stream multimedia files from your PC, too, if both PS3 and PC are linked to the wi-fi network and Windows Media Player 11 is installed on the PC.

Quote from: Martim Silva on April 20, 2010, 08:05:51 AM
Welcome to the world of true HD. You won't want to go back to SD.

Indeed: The Dark Knight in full HD and 5.1 speaker setup is awesome :wub:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Alcibiades

Yeah I stream everything from my hard drive, tons of movies and any new pacific episode I download.   :shutup:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Barrister

Quote from: Martim Silva on April 20, 2010, 08:05:51 AM
That remote is essential for movies. It can also double up as a controller, so you can play with another person if you wish.

Pfft - this is CdM we're talking about here.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Martim Silva

Quote from: Pedrito
Indeed: The Dark Knight in full HD and 5.1 speaker setup is awesome :wub:

That's one of the movies I use to show people the wonders of Blu-Ray. The chase sequence with the Joker always leaves everyone with their mouths open  ;)

Oh, one thing... while the PS3 is a pretty good Blu-Ray player, it's actually quite crummy when it comes to DVDs. Don't play those there.

(The Xbox 360 is, on the other hand, a decent DVD player on its own right; while I recommend a dedicated DVD player, I noticed that in some select cases the 360 can actually display DVDs better on my TV screen than the DVD player. But only in very few DVDs).

Quote from: Barrister
Pfft - this is CdM we're talking about here.

:D

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on April 18, 2010, 04:33:25 PM
The last Rockstar game I played bored the hell out of me.  Grand Theft Auto IV.  Apparently you play the role of Dguller if he was a serial killer or something.

Is there a simulated forum with a cantankerous old man causing your character to nerdrage constantly?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Minsky Moment

Blu-Ray?  Is that the format that still burns media to a plastic disk and then distributes it in physical packages?

How quaint.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 21, 2010, 08:51:07 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 18, 2010, 04:33:25 PM
The last Rockstar game I played bored the hell out of me.  Grand Theft Auto IV.  Apparently you play the role of Dguller if he was a serial killer or something.

Is there a simulated forum with a cantankerous old man causing your character to nerdrage constantly?

I don't think I got to that part.  I only unlocked the second island.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Pedrito

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 21, 2010, 01:37:10 PM
Blu-Ray?  Is that the format that still burns media to a plastic disk and then distributes it in physical packages?

How quaint.
You know, we're a small niche of pipe-puffing, tweed-wearing country gentlemen still tied to the physicality of our possessions  :bowler:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

CountDeMoney

So far, all it's done is remind me why first-person shooters are better with a mouse and keyboard.

Tamas

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 22, 2010, 06:08:12 AM
So far, all it's done is remind me why first-person shooters are better with a mouse and keyboard.

Nothing. It's not the autoaim, it is your l33t skillz indeed

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tamas on April 22, 2010, 06:09:30 AM

Not all of us have the reaction times of a 15 year old off his Ritalin.

Tamas

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 22, 2010, 06:18:29 AM
Quote from: Tamas on April 22, 2010, 06:09:30 AM

Not all of us have the reaction times of a 15 year old off his Ritalin.

Console FPSers getting high on their perceived skills is the lamest aspect of gaming. Sure you can learn how to do it but that does not make it any less ackward.

Pedrito

In other news, Sony has signed a deal with MLB.tv to stream all the season directly on the PS3. CNet article:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-31001_3-20003130-261.html

and, in totally unrelated news, I'm having tons of fun playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 on the Wii  :cool:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

Tamas

Quote from: Pedrito on April 22, 2010, 10:21:45 AM
In other news, Sony has signed a deal with MLB.tv to stream all the season directly on the PS3. CNet article:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-31001_3-20003130-261.html

and, in totally unrelated news, I'm having tons of fun playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 on the Wii  :cool:

L.

Yes that is great :)