OK, I'm doing it...yes, I'm doing it...I think I am...yeah

Started by CountDeMoney, April 17, 2010, 10:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

The last Rockstar game I played bored the hell out of me.  Grand Theft Auto IV.  Apparently you play the role of Dguller if he was a serial killer or something.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

The Hungarian version displays in 16 glorious colors. 8 of which are shades of beet.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 18, 2010, 04:30:13 PM
Whelp, I did it.  Got the 250MB package.  Picked up Bad Company 2 and Uncharted 2 while I was at it.

As Uncharted is very story-driven, and mostly like playing a movie...I'd suggest picking up the first one.  They're pretty much identical when it comes to gameplay/graphics quality.  And both good games.

CountDeMoney

Ugh, I forgot how much coordination is necessary with those Sony controllers.  Should've named it Battlesplat.

Bought my first Blu-Ray DVD; Fight Club, naturally.

You fags, my PSN name is Cyclicus.

Syt

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 18, 2010, 05:07:07 PM
The Hungarian version displays in 16 glorious colors. 8 of which are shades of beet.

Watched the American Dad episode where Stan is obsessed with playing the video game "Beet Man". Reminded me of Tamas. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Pedrito

Quote from: Syt on April 18, 2010, 12:48:04 AM
I heard the PS3 could be a bit loud at times when watching films?

Not at all, it makes some noises while loading the movie, but from there it's completely silent.

Seedy, if you plan to use it heavily for watching films, I'd suggest you to buy the bluetooth remote control; it's way simpler than using the gamepad to navigate the menus.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Pedrito on April 19, 2010, 04:09:19 AM
Seedy, if you plan to use it heavily for watching films, I'd suggest you to buy the bluetooth remote control; it's way simpler than using the gamepad to navigate the menus.

Did it already, thanks.  :hug:

Grey Fox

And here I thought this thread would be about you playing a boardgame. How wrong was I?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Tamas on April 18, 2010, 02:33:45 AM
Do tell me about that game. And my PS3 isnt loud when playing Blu-ray discs, and it supposed to be a superior player due to processor speed.
it was a superior player when it first came out.  Nowadays, you can easily get equivalent or better player.

LG and Panasonic both have very decent Blu Ray player between 150-200$ CAN (figure 100-150$US).
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on April 18, 2010, 04:33:25 PM
The last Rockstar game I played bored the hell out of me.  Grand Theft Auto IV.  Apparently you play the role of Dguller if he was a serial killer or something.

How could you be bored in New York?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on April 19, 2010, 02:29:59 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 18, 2010, 04:33:25 PM

How could you be bored in New York?

It's not real New York.  Between every mission you need to take your annoying friends out to dinner or bowling or to play darts or something.  That gets really tedious.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 19, 2010, 05:54:42 AM
And here I thought this thread would be about you playing a boardgame. How wrong was I?

Being a sniper is fun.

Grey Fox

In BC2? Yeah, its pretty fun.

It's just lame that both the medic & engie lack their core skill from the get go. Especially for the medic.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.