News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

RIP Pete Steele

Started by DontSayBanana, April 16, 2010, 08:05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Frontman for Type O-Negative, for those who didn't follow the metal scene.  Died April 14th of heart failure.  Particularly uncool since one of my friends happens to be his niece; haven't had a chance to talk to her yet, but I'm betting she's taking it pretty hard.
Experience bij!

ulmont

Quote from: DontSayBanana on April 16, 2010, 08:05:58 AM
Frontman for Type O-Negative, for those who didn't follow the metal scene.  Died April 14th of heart failure.  Particularly uncool since one of my friends happens to be his niece; haven't had a chance to talk to her yet, but I'm betting she's taking it pretty hard.

Yeah, saw this yesterday.  Sucks.  I'm guessing being 6' 7" doesn't help your long-term health.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: ulmont on April 16, 2010, 08:08:04 AM
Yeah, saw this yesterday.  Sucks.  I'm guessing being 6' 7" doesn't help your long-term health.

A history of drug and alcohol abuse doesn't help, either, but true anyway.
Experience bij!

ulmont

Quote from: DontSayBanana on April 16, 2010, 08:11:28 AM
Quote from: ulmont on April 16, 2010, 08:08:04 AM

A history of drug and alcohol abuse doesn't help, either, but true anyway.

I thought I remembered Steele as having that history, but couldn't remember and didn't want to speculate randomly.

Neil

Quote from: ulmont on April 16, 2010, 08:16:57 AM
I thought I remembered Steele as having that history, but couldn't remember and didn't want to speculate randomly.
It's not like such speculation would be unfounded, given the early-90s scene those guys came out of.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

syk

Wow, R.I.P. Heart failure, eh. I would have expected him to commit suicide.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Never heard of him before today. Felt like checking out the band on youtube. I like 'em. They've got that creepy cool thing going on, like Alice Cooper, White Zombie, or Nick Cave.

RIP
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 16, 2010, 01:08:58 PM
Never heard of him before today. Felt like checking out the band on youtube. I like 'em. They've got that creepy cool thing going on, like Alice Cooper, White Zombie, or Nick Cave.

RIP

Saw them in concert 5 times, last time in 2007.  He looked old, totally contrary to his usual buffness.

CountDeMoney

Man, I haven't been this bummed since Layne Staley.

Type O Negative's far too limited discography has been on repeat all week in remembrance.