Wanna stack the Census in your city's favor? Count the prisoners!

Started by CountDeMoney, April 25, 2010, 05:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 26, 2010, 06:44:39 PM
In there entirety, probably not.  But how about sentencing, policing, and other aspects of the law related to crime.

Is your concern that they will be able to vote in a host of lawmakers and judges that are for lenient terms?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on April 26, 2010, 06:52:11 PM
Is your concern that they will be able to vote in a host of lawmakers and judges that are for lenient terms?
Is your expectation that they will help decriminalize marijuana laws and have no other effect on the legislature?

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 26, 2010, 08:34:11 PM
Is your expectation that they will help decriminalize marijuana laws and have no other effect on the legislature?

Is your expectation that the legislature will some how be compromised, such that it turns against the wishes of the majority non-criminal populace?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on April 26, 2010, 08:40:04 PM
Is your expectation that the legislature will some how be compromised, such that it turns against the wishes of the majority non-criminal populace?
My expectation is that the legislature would have to adjust their positions on crime to account for a significant new voting group.