Main Menu

Why I hate fucking Catholic scumbags

Started by Martinus, April 13, 2010, 03:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: Martinus on April 13, 2010, 03:21:20 AM
QuotePope's No. 2 Links Pedophilia, Homosexuality
By Advocate.com Editors

The Vatican's secretary of state has linked the sex scandals currently rocking the Roman Catholic Church to homosexuality, not celibacy among priests.

Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, second in command to the pope, made the comments Monday at a press conference in Chile, where a priest is being investigated for having sex with young girls.

"Many psychologists and psychiatrists have demonstrated that there is no relation between celibacy and pedophilia. But many others have demonstrated, I have been told recently, that there is a relation between homosexuality and pedophilia," Bertone said. "That is true. That is the problem."

Gay rights activists in Chile were quick to dismiss Bertone's claims.

"This is a perverse strategy by the Vatican to shirk its own ethical and legal responsibility by making a spurious and disgusting connection," said Rolando Jimenez, president of the Movement for Homosexual Integration and Liberation in Chile.

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2010/04/12/Popes_Number_Two_Links_Pedophilia_Homosexuality/

Fucking scumbag piece-of-shits. Not only covering their own kiddie fiddling, but even when they are down, trying to stoke anti-gay hate.

I concur.

Not with you, but the argument--speaking as a Catholic scumbag.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

A Mart thread on the gay or the religion?

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

viper37

Quote from: Martinus on April 13, 2010, 03:21:20 AM

Fucking scumbag piece-of-shits. Not only covering their own kiddie fiddling, but even when they are down, trying to stoke anti-gay hate.
I resisted the urge to post this yesterday night :D
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Malthus

If you hate fucking Catholic scumbags, maybe you should just stop doing it.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Do you have a better link to what was said rather than yet another thread started by a reference to an internet site with an axe to grind?

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 13, 2010, 10:59:05 AM
Do you have a better link to what was said rather than yet another thread started by a reference to an internet site with an axe to grind?
well, I saw the same thing in French too, so it's probably true.  IIRC, it's not the first time this priests says stuff like that.

Not that it really matters.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

DGuller

Enough with baiting Martinus with faux homophobia, that's not going to work anymore, let's try to have a serious discussion here. 

Martinus, is your problem with the statement the fact that the Church is trying to change the subject?  Or do you seriously believe that homosexuality and paedophilia are not linked?

Razgovory

Marty's problem is that he is the Tim of gays.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on April 13, 2010, 12:40:16 PM
Enough with baiting Martinus with faux homophobia, that's not going to work anymore, let's try to have a serious discussion here. 

Martinus, is your problem with the statement the fact that the Church is trying to change the subject?  Or do you seriously believe that homosexuality and paedophilia are not linked?

Both.

The alleged link between homosexuality and pedophilia is based in a series of fallacies and misconceptions about human sexuality, that are often exploited by homophobes out of ignorance or malice. The facts (which are statistically misinterpreted) are these:

1. Most psychologists and sexologists agree that pedophiles are not attracted exclusively to children of a single gender, but rather are attracted to both genders (I am using the word "pedophile" in a medical, not legal sense - this is obviously less true for ephebophiles, i.e. people attracted to post-pubescent teenagers - such people have "adult" sexual orientation).

2. Most pedophiles are men.

3. It is easier for pedophiles to gain access to children of the same sex as they are, because the society is segregating sexes of children in many occasions as a means of protecting them (for example, boyscouts, altar boys etc.). This means that statistically more pedophiliac sex assaults are committed by men on boys. On the other hand, single pedophile men are much less likely to be put in a position when they would have an easy unsupervised access to girls. Essentially, this means acts of "homosexual" pedophilia are a result of an opportunity rather than sexual attraction to male children (i.e. homosexuality). The situation is in a way similar to homosexual acts occurring in prisons and other male-only facilities.

4. This is pure speculation, but I would not be surprised if many pedophiles actually experiment with homosexuality at some point, when they realize they are not interested in adult people of the opposite sex, as a sort of coping mechanism/desperate attempt to find a legal way of sexual expression for themselves. Once they become unsatisfied with it, they turn to pedophilia eventually, but this may mean that they would be regarded as "gay" despite not being of homosexual orientation.

Not to mention, even if for the sake of argument, one would call these men "homosexual", and whereas such men make more than half of pedophiles, the total percentage of such men among the populace of gay men is still miniscule and does not warrant considering gay men unfit to work with children etc. Again, this is something you should understand as an actuary - only because A is relatively more likely than B to have a trait X, it does not necessarily mean that A is objectively likely to have that trait.

derspiess

Quote from: Martinus on April 13, 2010, 01:05:55 PM
sexologists

:lol:  That's one of my favorite -ologists, right up there with ufologist.  Double points if the sexologist is with the such & such "Center for Sex Positive Studies".
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Marty of course ignores the fact that homosexuality and pedophilia are both paraphilic abnormal sexual practices.  The only difference is one is more socially acceptable to others.  Pedophiles have campaigned for acceptance and the removal of pedophilia from criminal and mental health definitions but have failed.  Homosexuals have succeeded.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Marty, I have no opinion on the alleged homosexual-pedophile linkage, but several aspects of your post needs correction, or at least clarification.

Quote from: Martinus on April 13, 2010, 01:05:55 PM
Both.

The alleged link between homosexuality and pedophilia is based in a series of fallacies and misconceptions about human sexuality, that are often exploited by homophobes out of ignorance or malice. The facts (which are statistically misinterpreted) are these:

1. Most psychologists and sexologists agree that pedophiles are not attracted exclusively to children of a single gender, but rather are attracted to both genders (I am using the word "pedophile" in a medical, not legal sense - this is obviously less true for ephebophiles, i.e. people attracted to post-pubescent teenagers - such people have "adult" sexual orientation).

I do not believe this is true.  Pedophiles can be same sex, opposite-sex, or for lack of a better word, 'equal opportunity'.  I am fairly confident there is no consensus on what "most" pedophiles are attracted to.

Quote from: Martinus
2. Most pedophiles are men.

Most pedophile sex offenders are male.  I don't believe we have anything approaching reliable statistics on non-offending pedophiles.

As for your other two points (my IE is suddenly acting wonky), you identify your fourth point as speculation which is fine, but I believe your third point is speculative as well.  You are correct to state that 'access' is probably more important that sexual offending then is pure sexual attraction, but I doubt very much there are any statistics on what kind of offender is able to have tontact with what kind of potential victim.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Anyways, I think you are making statements that are far too definitive given what we know (and do not know) about sexual offenders.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.