POTATO SPLASH: Polish President Lech Kaczynski 'in plane crash'

Started by Tamas, April 10, 2010, 02:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on April 16, 2010, 01:59:36 AM
Dear god, this national orgy of death is becoming unbearable. The conservatives are now painting the dead Kaczynski as some sort of the Greatest President Poland Ever Had (tm), and public hysteria (stoked by tabloids and other media) is reaching new levels of grotesque and farcical.

I have seen politicians describing it as the "greatest tragedy in the world's recent history" (Haiti, hello?), a proof positive that "Poland is the Christ of the world" being "the nation most tried by fate" of all nations in the world (Poland, really?  :rolleyes: ), and "Second Katyn" (yeah, brutal murder of 20,000 people = plane with 100 people crashing into the ground because the pilot was landing despite bad conditions).

Suddenly, "all the world is looking at us" and recognizing the greatness of Kaczynski.

SNAP THE FUCK OUT OF IT ALREADY.
What do you expect from a nation full of Martis?  Polish headlines read like the titles to your threads.  :P
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

Doesn't sound different from any normal martyrdom of a dead leader.

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 16, 2010, 09:13:00 AM
Doesn't sound different from any normal martyrdom of a dead leader.

You have to admit that the "Poland is the Christ of the world" line is a tad bombastic.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Larch on April 16, 2010, 10:08:24 AM
You have to admit that the "Poland is the Christ of the world" line is a tad bombastic.
You got me there. :weep:

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on April 16, 2010, 01:59:36 AM
"the nation most tried by fate" of all nations in the world

Poor Romania always gets forgotten.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Alatriste

I don't know what to make of this:

You know that little cloud of volcanic ashes is severely hampering air travel. The Czech president traveled by railroad. The German in a helicopter. Putin... well, allegedly Putin arrived by air, he just flew at tree top level (I wonder if that means he arrived in Warsaw piloting his very own Mig fighter; surely that would increase his already evident 'Evil Overlord Aura'(TM).

citizen k

Quote from: Alatriste on April 19, 2010, 01:44:35 AM
(I wonder if that means he arrived in Warsaw piloting his very own TIE fighter; surely that would increase his already evident 'Evil Overlord Aura'(TM).

;)

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

citizen k

Sahib

You know that little cloud of volcanic ashes is severely hampering air travel. The Czech president traveled by railroad. The German in a helicopter. Putin... well, allegedly Putin arrived by air, he just flew at tree top level (I wonder if that means he arrived in Warsaw piloting his very own Mig fighter; surely that would increase his already evident 'Evil Overlord Aura'(TM).
:huh:
Medvedev represented Russia, Putin wasn't there

Or was he  :ph34r:
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Solmyr

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Sahib on April 19, 2010, 03:09:48 AM

Putin is Medvedev.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Alatriste

Quote from: Sahib on April 19, 2010, 03:09:48 AM

My sources said Putin, and I have to protect them  :ph34r: