POTATO SPLASH: Polish President Lech Kaczynski 'in plane crash'

Started by Tamas, April 10, 2010, 02:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

-Why do Polish airplanes fly so low?

So the pilots can read the street signs.

-Did you hear about the polack who hijacked a submarine?

He demanded $200,000 and a parachute.

-What's delaying the Polish space program?

Development of a working match.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 12, 2010, 01:51:53 PM

How do you get a one-armed polack out of a tree?
- Wave at him.

Why did the Polack fly to New Orleans, eat a salad, and fly back?
- He had a hankering for surf and turf.
Experience bij!

Jaron

Quote from: DontSayBanana on April 12, 2010, 04:39:05 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 12, 2010, 01:51:53 PM

Why did the Polack fly to New Orleans, eat a salad, and fly back?
- He had a hankering for surf and turf.

That one is lame. Its not even funny.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

OMFG they are gonna bury the potato in the Wawel Castle's crypts. Where of all 20th century leaders, only Pilsudski is buried, and before him Bathory and Sobieski. FFS. Only because he died in a retarded crash (he most likely himself caused by forcing the pilot to land so he won't miss his celebration), does not make him a great leader. :bleeding:

In other news: Obama is coming to the Burial of the Potato.  :rolleyes:

Welcome to the celebrity Big Brother reality: where you become great by doing something incredibly stupid and attention-grabbing.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

ulmont

Quote from: derspiess on April 13, 2010, 02:53:10 PM
Okay, what's the "potato" joke?  :unsure:

It was on the last page.

Quote from: Sahib on April 10, 2010, 03:13:11 PM
Quote from: sbr on April 10, 2010, 02:50:28 PM
As long as we are explain missed references can someone explain the Potato Splash title, I don't follow E European news much.

Some german newspaper caused a stir by comparing Kaczynskis to potatoes - because, they, well, look like ones.

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on April 13, 2010, 02:46:50 PM
OMFG they are gonna bury the potato in the Wawel Castle's crypts. Where of all 20th century leaders, only Pilsudski is buried, and before him Bathory and Sobieski. FFS. Only because he died in a retarded crash (he most likely himself caused by forcing the pilot to land so he won't miss his celebration), does not make him a great leader. :bleeding:

In other news: Obama is coming to the Burial of the Potato.  :rolleyes:

Welcome to the celebrity Big Brother reality: where you become great by doing something incredibly stupid and attention-grabbing.

It's hardly a modern phenomenon.  Why do you think JFK was so idolized?

I still don't get your overall hatred in this thread though.  I know you didn't care for Kaczynski's politics, but it's still a loss to any nation to have your President (along with 90 other people) die in a plane crash.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sahib

Quote from: Barrister on April 13, 2010, 02:56:44 PM

I still don't get your overall hatred in this thread though.  I know you didn't care for Kaczynski's politics, but it's still a loss to any nation to have your President (along with 90 other people) die in a plane crash.

Huh? He was actually very tactful/sympathetic up until the last post. I guess It's Martinus way to go from extreme to extreme  :P
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Razgovory

Quote from: Sahib on April 13, 2010, 03:07:01 PM

Huh? He was actually very tactful/sympathetic up until the last post. I guess It's Martinus way to go from extreme to extreme  :P

From one end of the stupid spectrum to the other.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

I stand corrected then.  I haven't closely followed this thread.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on April 13, 2010, 03:08:45 PM

I stand corrected then.  I haven't closely followed this thread.

I feel for him and his family and I think it is sad to lose anyone this way. I also think he was more mumbling than evil, and sorta got the whole presidency thing thrust on him by his brother, and it killed him which is doubly sorry. None of this is a reason to put him in line with the greatest heros and leaders of the nation. I am just ranting at the idiotic times we live in (and I am not the only one in Poland who opposes his burial at the Wawel castle crypts).

DGuller

If Mr. Potato did bring about his own death by ordering the pilots to land, then in my book he's more deserving of the honor, not less.  Few people are capable of sacrificing themselves for the good of their country.