POTATO SPLASH: Polish President Lech Kaczynski 'in plane crash'

Started by Tamas, April 10, 2010, 02:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

The other Kaczynski is also flying to Smolenski. :frusty:

I think he, the Prime Minister and all ministers should take one plane and take most MPs with them.  :yuk:

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on April 10, 2010, 10:52:01 AM
The other Kaczynski is also flying to Smolenski. :frusty:

I think he, the Prime Minister and all ministers should take one plane and take most MPs with them.  :yuk:
And then have them all surrender as POWs on the off chance they land successfully.

Agelastus

Quote from: Martinus on April 10, 2010, 10:41:02 AM
LOL. Fun fact.

All heads of state (Medvedev, Sarkozy, etc.) called Bronislaw Komorowski, the Speaker of the Parliament, who is the acting President, with condolences, while Prime Ministers (Brown, Putin, Merkel, etc.) called Donald Tusk who is the Prime Minister, according to the diplomatic protocol... except for one President who called Mr Tusk instead of Mr Komorowski.

Guess who.  :D

Everymana Obama?
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

DGuller

Reading the Russian sites, there is a strong and not subtle hinting that Kaczynski may ultimately be to blame for the crash.  The Russian pilots state that no competent pilot in their right mind would continue trying to land in those conditions, and therefore the pilots must have been ordered to do so against their better judgment.  They also state that Kaczynski was known the past to give orders to pilots that went against the safety recommendations.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

Quote from: The Brain on April 10, 2010, 12:00:52 PM
Maskirovka.
Maskirovka?  Are you saying the Russians painted the tree tops to look like a runway?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: Queequeg on April 10, 2010, 10:07:45 AM
I'm pretty sure this was the fastest this board has given in to gallows humor during a tragedy, btw.  The fact that it was Poles affected probably helped a whole lot.

Okay, Tuna. :rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on April 10, 2010, 12:29:06 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on April 10, 2010, 10:07:45 AM
I'm pretty sure this was the fastest this board has given in to gallows humor during a tragedy, btw.  The fact that it was Poles affected probably helped a whole lot.

Okay, Tuna. :rolleyes:

Tuna.  the only twit that ever cried over Afghanis that got whacked for firing their weapons into the air at a wedding.  You know, the same air with combat aircraft in it.

Scipio

The Eastern Orthodox Field Bishop of the Polish Army died in that crash.  Damn papists, killing our Bishops!
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Martinus

LOL like anyone cares. For the record, the Catholic and the Protestant field bishops/chaplins also died.

There was no imam or rabbi on board of the plane*, though.  :ph34r:

*Admittedly, I am not sure if there is one at all in the Polish army, but still. :P

Martinus

For the record, Mr Tusk was to the official celebrations with Mr Putin few days ago, which Mr Kaczynski didn't attend (for reason of his feud with Tusk and his animosity towards Putin).

So essentially today Kaczynski was traveling with all these people to a separate ceremony, without either of Tusk or Putin. Now, this sounds like a more plausible motive to whack him.  :ph34r:

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Martinus on April 10, 2010, 10:38:35 AM
Quote from: sbr on April 10, 2010, 10:36:32 AM
Quote from: Martinus on April 10, 2010, 10:19:52 AM
Polandball cannot into air. :(
:lmfao:

I give full credit for the joke to Zanza who first posted it but then deleted (I think he thought it would be inappropriate - clearly he didn't know Languish :P).

Is this some kind of reference I'm not getting?

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on April 10, 2010, 01:04:14 PM
There was no imam or rabbi on board of the plane*, though.  :ph34r:
In fact, some time before this tragedy, all the Jews were told to leave Poland.  Coincidence?  :ph34r:

Solmyr

Quote from: PDH on April 10, 2010, 09:30:35 AM
Well, that took the pis out of Polish politics in a hurry.

I wonder if Tusk's party will glide to the top on the wings of this disaster.