POTATO SPLASH: Polish President Lech Kaczynski 'in plane crash'

Started by Tamas, April 10, 2010, 02:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexandru H.

Quote from: Martinus on April 10, 2010, 04:28:46 AM
Quote from: Alexandru H. on April 10, 2010, 03:07:37 AM
:( Fuck you, Martinus and all the conservative-hating Polish gay society you represent.

I actually kinda liked him, though thought he was not cut out for his job. It's still a tragedy, not to mention a lot of politicians I actually supported died too.

Ok, I forgive you. Frankly, I'm in no mood to be aggressive today, one of my favourite conservative european politicians has died.:(

Alexandru H.

Our news outlets say that the twin brother of Lech, Jaroslaw, was also in the plane. Is this true?

Martinus

Quote from: Alexandru H. on April 10, 2010, 04:41:20 AM
Our news outlets say that the twin brother of Lech, Jaroslaw, was also in the plane. Is this true?

He is not on the list that I have.

Martinus

The full list I have is:

President and First Lady
Last "president-in-exile"
Three vice-speakers of the Parliament
Chief and Vice-Chief of President's Bureau
Chief of the National Security Bureau
Seven secretaries of state
Chief of diplomatic protocol
Chief of Staff (Military)
14 MPs
Polish ambassador to Russia
Ombudsman
National Bank Governor
President of the National Remembrance Institute (sorta Polish equivalent of the Gauck Institute in Germany)
Director of the Office for Veterans and the Oppressed
10 members of the clergy of various religions
General Commander of Operational Forces
General Commander of Air Forces
General Commander of Land Forces
General Commander of Special Forces
Admiral Commander of Naval Forces
General Commander of Warsaw Garrison

and a bunch of private people.

Seriously, this is pretty damn stupid. Our fucking lawfirm has a rule that more than two partners shouldn't travel on the same plane, ffs. :bleeding:

Tamas

So Marty, basically this solved a lot of the governing party's problems? :tinfoil:

Alexandru H.

Is that the most important Polish military leadership?  :glare:

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on April 10, 2010, 04:54:47 AM
So Marty, basically this solved a lot of the governing party's problems? :tinfoil:

Yeah. Essentially everybody who was in any position of power and was hindering the government is dead.

Martinus

Quote from: Alexandru H. on April 10, 2010, 04:55:25 AM
Is that the most important Polish military leadership?  :glare:

I am not very familiar with the leadership structure, but it looks like it.

Legbiter

Quote from: Martinus on April 10, 2010, 04:49:58 AM
The full list I have is:

President and First Lady
Last "president-in-exile"
Three vice-speakers of the Parliament
Chief and Vice-Chief of President's Bureau
Chief of the National Security Bureau
Seven secretaries of state
Chief of diplomatic protocol
Chief of Staff (Military)
14 MPs
Polish ambassador to Russia
Ombudsman
National Bank Governor
President of the National Remembrance Institute (sorta Polish equivalent of the Gauck Institute in Germany)
Director of the Office for Veterans and the Oppressed
10 members of the clergy of various religions
General Commander of Operational Forces
General Commander of Air Forces
General Commander of Land Forces
General Commander of Special Forces
Admiral Commander of Naval Forces
General Commander of Warsaw Garrison

and a bunch of private people.

Seriously, this is pretty damn stupid. Our fucking lawfirm has a rule that more than two partners shouldn't travel on the same plane, ffs. :bleeding:

Next time book 2 planes?  :huh:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Martinus

Anyway, apparently it seems like these were weather conditions and the fact that Russians apparently build airports in the middle of a fucking forest, than the plane's technical state.

Queequeg

QuoteThe crash occurred in foggy conditions (500m visibility without instrument landing system) about 1.5km from the airport, about 300–400 metres off the landing path,[8] after the pilots attempted a go-around.[9] The airport was closed because of thick fog and the pilot was offered a choice of landing instead in either Moscow or Minsk, however he decided to continue with the original flight plan and the crash occurred on the fourth approach after three failed attempts.[10][11] The cause of the crash was initially attributed to crew error.[12][13] Pilot was offered landing in the Sheremetyevo International Airport or Minsk International Airport but he did not accept the proposal.[14]

Must....not...make.....Polak....joke....
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on April 10, 2010, 05:33:47 AM
Anyway, apparently it seems like these were weather conditions and the fact that Russians apparently build airports in the middle of a fucking forest,

:rolleyes: Yeah and Katyn I was a collective case of the sniffles. Wake up people.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

The best joke so far was made by Zanza, but then he deleted the post before I could have LOLed. :P

Alexandru H.

Quote from: Martinus on April 10, 2010, 05:40:57 AM
The best joke so far was made by Zanza, but then he deleted the post before I could have LOLed. :P

If you need volunteers in an anti-Russian war, I'll be there for Poland... :ph34r:

Queequeg

Quote from: Alexandru H. on April 10, 2010, 05:42:04 AM
Quote from: Martinus on April 10, 2010, 05:40:57 AM

If you need volunteers in an anti-Russian war, I'll be there for Poland... :ph34r:
<_<
Should have figure'd you'd throw your lot in with the Papists. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."