Main Menu

New political tool: hunger strikes

Started by BVN, April 10, 2009, 04:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Savonarola on April 11, 2009, 02:52:02 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 11, 2009, 09:55:42 AM
I've always wanted to be a villain on a children's tv show! :w00t:

Stephen Harper looked perturbed, usually he was able to hide his doubts behind a mask of political indifference, but today he could not.  "Gentlemen," he addressed Captain Canada and Barrister Boy, "Something terrible has happened.  Last night every history text book in Ontario was stolen and replaced with this," he placed a book upon the desk.  It was black and written on the cover was "The Paleologus-Ribbentrop Pact and the Founding of the Modern European State."

"Ye gods," exclaimed Barrister Boy as he thumbed through the book perusing page upon page of maps.  "It's alt-history."

"Poorly written alt history too," noted Captain Canada, reading over Barrister Boy's shoulder.

Tarring me with the mark of a Byzanteen! Disgraceful! It goes without saying Sir, that this means war.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

You tell him, Tim.  Use your machine-gun arm.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Savonarola

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 11, 2009, 03:36:57 PM
Tarring me with the mark of a Byzanteen! Disgraceful! It goes without saying Sir, that this means war.

I'll make it up to you, Tim.  I'll ship you and Barrister Boy when I write my own poorly written fan fiction.

Timothy Ortega lolzed as he stared down on Barrister Boy tied to a chair.  Only he wasn't really tied, he was held in place with those iron things that hold people to chairs.  It was a big chair.  "Now I have you in my clutches."

"WTF?  Why did you kidnap me?" asked Barrister Boy.  He knew Captain Canada would rescue him, but he was still mad.  It was the middle of the Stanley Cup and Timothy Ortega didn't have a television.  Plus Tim was always doing shit like writing alternate history versions of hockey games.  Like when the Bruins won, even though they suck.  He'd prolly make Barrister Boy read those.

"Well," Tim blushed furiously, and the room became steamy, like a steam room.  "The truth is I've always had feelings for you.  Like that song by Nine Inch Nails that goes 'I Want to Fuck You like an Animal.'"

"Woah," said Barrister Boy, like Keanu Reeves on horse tranquilizers.  "That's my favorite Nine Inch Nails song too."  Barrister Boy felt he had a spiritual connection to Tim, even though he was a bad guy.  It was like they were soul mates, or something.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

jimmy olsen

Shippers should die in a fire. <_<

EDIT: Also, please read your PMs Sav
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DontSayBanana

On the OP:

Emo Morales is a whiny bitch. Film at 11.
Experience bij!

garbon

Quote from: Savonarola on April 11, 2009, 04:39:28 PM
I'll make it up to you, Tim.  I'll ship you and Barrister Boy when I write my own poorly written fan fiction.

Timothy Ortega lolzed as he stared down on Barrister Boy tied to a chair.  Only he wasn't really tied, he was held in place with those iron things that hold people to chairs.  It was a big chair.  "Now I have you in my clutches."

"WTF?  Why did you kidnap me?" asked Barrister Boy.  He knew Captain Canada would rescue him, but he was still mad.  It was the middle of the Stanley Cup and Timothy Ortega didn't have a television.  Plus Tim was always doing shit like writing alternate history versions of hockey games.  Like when the Bruins won, even though they suck.  He'd prolly make Barrister Boy read those.

"Well," Tim blushed furiously, and the room became steamy, like a steam room.  "The truth is I've always had feelings for you.  Like that song by Nine Inch Nails that goes 'I Want to Fuck You like an Animal.'"

"Woah," said Barrister Boy, like Keanu Reeves on horse tranquilizers.  "That's my favorite Nine Inch Nails song too."  Barrister Boy felt he had a spiritual connection to Tim, even though he was a bad guy.  It was like they were soul mates, or something.

I'd like to belatedly say that I'm quite disturbed by this.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on June 02, 2009, 03:05:53 PM

That's putting it mildly...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on June 02, 2009, 03:19:19 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 02, 2009, 03:05:53 PM

That's putting it mildly...

Yeah.

For one, no mention of the Maple Leafs.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Savonarola

Quote from: Malthus on June 02, 2009, 03:20:56 PM
Yeah.

To be fair I did say it was the Stanley Cup finals.  Even fan fiction must have some amount of believability.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Malthus

Quote from: Savonarola on June 02, 2009, 03:38:57 PM
Yeah.

To be fair I did say it was the Stanley Cup finals.  Even fan fiction must have some amount of believability.

They can't even make it to the finals in Timmay's alternate history.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Malthus on June 02, 2009, 03:41:07 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on June 02, 2009, 03:38:57 PM
Yeah.

They can't even make it to the finals in Timmay's alternate history.  :(

Tie Domi and Don Cherry slash fiction.

brrrr.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

KRonn

So, is this guy still on his hunger strike, or did the political opposition find this legislative technique too much to handle, and finally give in?   :huh: