And we're back!

Main Menu

Farewell everyone

Started by Jaron, April 08, 2010, 12:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Tamas on April 09, 2010, 06:13:34 AM
I think she is the one getting married this weekend. :(
I only know this from Facebook... I have no idea which sister it is but she frequently comments on his posts.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Tyr on April 09, 2010, 05:59:27 AM
Yeah there's that, but normally there's a big gap between the wedding and the reception.
And free stuff is free stuff.
You know, I'm pretty sure there were motherfuckers who showed up at my reception that weren't at the wedding.  Probably belonged to the white trash freeloader crowd my mother in law invited (without asking our permission, of course). :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Jaron

I'm home!

What a brutal weekend!
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Threviel

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 08, 2010, 04:12:39 PM
Quote from: Siege on April 08, 2010, 02:39:39 PM
Let me know if you see anybody wearing Raybans.

He's going to Vegas, not 1986.

Hey! What's wrong with Raybans? I use a pair and it looks good damn it.

citizen k

I actually had a pair of Raybans stolen by Mexicans as well. It was in early 90's.

sbr

A pair of Raybans was my last expensive pair of sunglasses.  I bought them one afternoon then went out drinking and never saw them again, ~$80 ad I owned them for less than 8 hours.  Since then I have not paid more than $15 for sunglasses.

Jaron

Would you stop talking about fucking Raybans
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Martinus

Hmmm. Jaron goes away on a "trip" and a plane with the Polish President and other officials crashes in Russia. Coincidence?  :hmm:

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

Quote from: katmai on April 12, 2010, 02:47:56 AM
I still wear Raybans.

Like I said-
QuoteThere will presumably be a lot of other Mexicans there though...
:D
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jaron on April 12, 2010, 01:47:41 AM
You need to tell us a story about shagging a bridesmaid.

Jacob

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on April 08, 2010, 07:24:28 PM
I did however get to take advantage of my reception's open bar.  MASSIVE advantage, in fact :cheers: :blush:

I estimate I was responsible for killing about 2 bottles of champagne, half a bottle of Malbec, and an unknown number of beers at mine.  Granted, the reception lasted like 6 or 7 hours and I spread it out & made sure to eat, but I'm still not sure how I made it through without keeling over.  I think I had 4 or 5 Cuban cigars that night, as well.  God was with me, I guess.

It took probably the first bottle's worth of champagne to loosen me up enough to sing "La Bamba" with the band, but I had that house rockin' :punk:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 12, 2010, 06:54:59 AM
Quote from: Jaron on April 12, 2010, 01:47:41 AM
You need to tell us a story about shagging a bridesmaid.

Boy, the things some Mexicans will do for a pair of Raybans!  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on April 09, 2010, 06:57:06 AM
You know, I'm pretty sure there were motherfuckers who showed up at my reception that weren't at the wedding.  Probably belonged to the white trash freeloader crowd my mother in law invited (without asking our permission, of course). :mad:

Our wedding had two tiers of guests: the formally invited ones who showed up when the reception started, and then the ones who were invited by phone call, word of mouth, or invited themselves showed up around midnight. 

Apparently that's pretty much the Argentine way.  You have the good food & booze out for the family & close friends early on, and then when the others start showing up, you switch to beer, pizza, etc.

The wedding ceremony was a packed house since my wife's sister was getting married the same time, and some people had to stand.  Even though the church was full, we still had people wandering in off the street to watch.  Apparently that's another Argentine thing :huh:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall