Leaked video showing US helicopter shooting journalists and civilians

Started by Pat, April 06, 2010, 01:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Alexandru H. on April 07, 2010, 03:47:42 AM
Please, I've watched "Milk". There is no mention of conservative gay hippies, just liberal gay hippies on the streets, in the public office, even in wheelchairs. At the end the hero triumphs and defeats the enemy by killing him, making America safe once more from the forces of evil.

My point was that there is little reason to say liberal hippies. Like, duh.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

I watch milk all the time.  It's not that interesting.  Tasty though.   It's never given me these kinds of ideas about gays in wheel chairs.  I think you might be projecting a bit on the beverage.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on April 07, 2010, 06:47:29 AM
Quote from: DGuller on April 07, 2010, 01:40:30 AM
I'm paraphrasing, of course.  The actual quote is "Come on, let us shoot!" at 9:38, with the crosshair pointed at the van.  Could it be taken the wrong way by people not in the know?  Of course.  Does it sound bad to people not in the know who are looking for evidence to support a conclusion developed in the absence of evidence?  Most definitely.
FYP.  It "most definitely" sounds bad to people who want it to sound bad. You can identify those people because they "paraphrase" to make statements look as damning as possible, hoping that no one will point out that their paraphrase is dishonest.
I believe I had it right the first time.  No need to be a belligerent asshole, I'm describing how I, as a layman, felt watching that video, and why I think other people like me would see the same thing.  Once in a while it's OK to STFU if you have nothing worthwhile to say, we won't forget you exist if one time you pass up on an opportunity to be needlessly abrasive.

Neil

Grumbler has a point though.  You're not just a layman.  You're a layman with an axe to grind.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Alcibiades

Quote from: garbon on April 07, 2010, 12:06:05 AM
I generally choose my words when I know I'm on tape/speaker. :smarty:

:rolleyes:

Neither you or guller are on tape 12 hours a day. 
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

garbon

Quote from: Alcibiades on April 07, 2010, 08:26:22 AM

True, some people make poor career decisions.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Alcibiades on April 07, 2010, 08:26:22 AM

Actually Dguller is.  They brought some cameras and few thugs to watch him all day so he feels at home in the work environment.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Alexandru H.

Quote from: garbon on April 07, 2010, 07:45:57 AM
Quote from: Alexandru H. on April 07, 2010, 03:47:42 AM
Please, I've watched "Milk". There is no mention of conservative gay hippies, just liberal gay hippies on the streets, in the public office, even in wheelchairs. At the end the hero triumphs and defeats the enemy by killing him, making America safe once more from the forces of evil.

My point was that there is little reason to say liberal hippies. Like, duh.

Actually, if I say only hippies, people would get all mushy and repeat, like zombies, "Make love not war". If I say gay hippies, some would be disgusted (logical), but some would recollect the happy, care-free existence that they always dreamt of (minus the sodomitic anal probing, of course), by misusing the word "gay". But the liberal label works like a charm every damn time: anyone would understand that the enemy within is much more dangerous than the enemy abroad and that we must build on the gigantic work of such people as Dan White, Aaron McKinney or Philip II of Macedon, the vanquisher of the Sacred Fag Band of Thebes.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Alexandru H. on April 07, 2010, 08:39:33 AM
Actually, if I say only hippies, people would get all mushy and repeat, like zombies, "Make love not war". If I say gay hippies, some would be disgusted (logical), but some would recollect the happy, care-free existence that they always dreamt of (minus the sodomitic anal probing, of course), by misusing the word "gay". But the liberal label works like a charm every damn time: anyone would understand that the enemy within is much more dangerous than the enemy abroad and that we must build on the gigantic work of such people as Dan White, Aaron McKinney or Philip II of Macedon, the vanquisher of the Sacred Fag Band of Thebes.

Then why say "hippies"? You've got that covered by saying gay liberals in SF.

garbon

BVN

Quote from: grumbler on April 07, 2010, 06:38:21 AM
The van had the brother, wife, and kids of one of the insurgents in it.  They had just seen their insurgent relative get gunned down during an op.  They would logically, of course, have considered that maybe exposing the kids to the same danger that had just taken out dad might not be a good idea, but they were also probably desperate to help get dad to a hospital (not knowing he was already dead).
Honest question: where do you get that info from (the fact that they weren't civilians and that his family was in the van)?

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 06, 2010, 04:50:05 PM
AC-130 videos.

Best part of CoD4 was the mission where you are in an AC130 blowing up Russians with your choice of 25mm, 40mm, or 105mm guns.  The whole thing looks like gun camera footage.  It was that detail that convinced a buddy of mine to get an Xbox 360.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on April 07, 2010, 01:40:30 AM
Quote from: Berkut on April 06, 2010, 11:49:02 PM
But they didn't say that.
I'm paraphrasing, of course.  The actual quote is "Come on, let us shoot!" at 9:38, with the crosshair pointed at the van.  Could it be taken the wrong way by people not in the know?  Of course.  Does it sound bad to people not in the know?  Most definitely.

I guess. I am not really in the know, and I don't think it is that horrific. He is a soldier, and he thinks he has a legit target and time is of the essence. Shrug.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned