And we're back!

Main Menu

Unexpected news: HoI3 Expansion announced

Started by Syt, April 06, 2010, 10:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Agelastus

But they still can't be bothered to update what is probably the least accurate and most disappointing map Paradox has ever done. :(
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

MadBurgerMaker

QuotePlayers can now define their own Theatres with a simple dragbox system.

Wasn't there some sort of excuse about this being impossible?

sbr

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 06, 2010, 03:06:32 PM

I don't know that anything is impossible in a paid expansion.  I think they just couldn't/didn't want to do it in a free patch.

ulmont

Impossible...for less than $20.

Sahib

Quote from: Agelastus on April 06, 2010, 02:49:43 PM
But they still can't be bothered to update what is probably the least accurate and most disappointing map Paradox has ever done. :(

I loved how they had what looked like a perfect outline for a map of Poland but changed it because it looked unnatural to Johan  :P
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Razgovory

I thought someone was modding the map.  If some bedroom programmer can do it then I suspect that a professional game developer can as well.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Oh, I am so glad I'm not a Paradox customer anymore.

Threviel

I like HoI 3. I play it quite often and I consider it an unpolished gem, much like EU 3 vanilla. EU 3 wasn't fun until the second expansion, but then it became real good. I expect and hope for the same with HoI 3.

Josquius

Weird they'd announce it now for a release within the next month or two- they noticed sales of vanilla drop through the floor when there's an expanded version due?
██████
██████
██████

Sahib

Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

BVN

And the people that froth on the Pdox fora are probably the first to buy the expansion. There isn't any reason for Paradox to not continue with the "expansion-strategy".  :yuk:

crazy canuck

Quote from: Threviel on April 07, 2010, 01:19:30 AM
I like HoI 3. I play it quite often and I consider it an unpolished gem, much like EU 3 vanilla. EU 3 wasn't fun until the second expansion, but then it became real good. I expect and hope for the same with HoI 3.

You say HoI 3 is like EU3.

You say EU3 was not fun

You say you like HoI 3

Conclusion:  you like games that are not fun.

Let me know when this game becomes a polished gem that is actually fun to play and it, along with all the expansions, can be purchased at the price of the original game.  I am no longer willing to pay 3 times for a Paradox game.

Alcibiades

Yeah, I can't be bothered to pay $80 over 3 years to play a game that is finally good.  Their new 'strategy' sucks.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Threviel

Meh. To each his own I guess. I like the model where they release the game, listens to the customer and then releases addons containing what the customers demand. I have payed for HoI 3 and it wasn't as good as I hoped (but still superior to EU3 vanilla). Instead of whining about it and never touching the game again I would be willing to pay a modest sum to get substantial improvements.

You are perfectly free to not buy the expansions if you don't like the system.