Grandma dies trying to stop sword fight

Started by jimmy olsen, April 09, 2009, 01:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

:huh: Weird story.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30136788/
QuoteGrandmother dies trying to stop sword fight
Grandson, 39, charged in death; another relative, 69, in critical condition

INDIANAPOLIS - A 77-year-old woman who tried to break up a heated sword fight between her grandson and brother-in-law died, and both men were hospitalized with stab wounds, police said Thursday.

Franziska Stegbauer was stabbed during the fight and investigators were trying to determine whether she died from those wounds or a heart attack.

Police placed her grandson, 39-year-old Chris Rondeau, under arrest on a preliminary charge of attempted murder. Stegbauer's brother-in-law, 69-year-old Adolf Stegbauer, suffered several serious stab wounds, police said.

"We're unsure yet who started this fight, how the swordplay got involved," police Sgt. Matthew Mount said. "We're not sure who it was who stabbed the woman. We'll have to do some testing on the swords and figure out who had which sword, whose blood is on which sword."

An autopsy was scheduled for Franziska Stegbauer on Thursday.

She was not breathing when officers arrived about 1 a.m. at the home on the city's northwest side and she was later pronounced dead at a hospital, police said.

Adolf Stegbauer was listed in critical condition at Wishard Hospital, a spokesman said. Rondeau's condition was not immediately known.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Caliga

How many times have I told you people that Indiana is even more redneck than Kentucky?  Me = VINDICATED.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

My son witnessed a nearly fatal swordfight a couple of weeks ago.

My parents took Carl to a Medieval Pagent held at the Museum. One of the shows was a demonstration of knights in armour fighting with swords. Of course it was supposed to be a mock-fight with blunt weapons between trained re-enactors, but something went wrong and one of the guys got stabbed through the armpit with a blunt sword, severing an artery and starting to bleed out. The paramedics arrived quickly and saved him, then hauled him off to the hospital.

They mopped up the blood and carried on.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on April 09, 2009, 02:25:03 PM
How many times have I told you people that Indiana is even more redneck than Kentucky?  Me = VINDICATED.

You still lose, as you eat at gas stations.

CAL = GASSY AND BLOATED

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Malthus on April 09, 2009, 02:33:13 PM

My parents took Carl to a Medieval Pagent held at the Museum. One of the shows was a demonstration of knights in armour fighting with swords. Of course it was supposed to be a mock-fight with blunt weapons between trained re-enactors, but something went wrong and one of the guys got stabbed through the armpit with a blunt sword, severing an artery and starting to bleed out. The paramedics arrived quickly and saved him, then hauled him off to the hospital.

How'd you explain that to Carl?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Malthus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 09, 2009, 02:42:33 PM

I wasn't there.

He never mentioned it, so I just assume he thought that was supposed to happen.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Darth Wagtaros

'The show must go on, Son!"
PDH!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Malthus on April 09, 2009, 02:44:27 PM

I wasn't there.

He never mentioned it, so I just assume he thought that was supposed to happen.

When he goes nuts with a sword at college, you'll know where to lay the blame.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Savonarola

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 09, 2009, 02:47:43 PM

I blame the rap music.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Ed Anger

Coolness. Kids love violence. Sounds better than the Ren Faire I went to for the hell of it some years ago. Fat chicks and hippy nerds.

Malthus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 09, 2009, 02:47:43 PM

To be honest, I'm much more worried about the fact he really, really enjoyed the demolision derby.  :lol:

Anyway, for Carl it's too late: he's already trained to be a sword-weilding maniac:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IxUdBPnvpg&feature=channel_page

Neil

Quote from: Caliga on April 09, 2009, 02:25:03 PM
Settling your differences in a swordfight is less redneck than eating at a gas station, Jethro.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.