And we're back!

Main Menu

Grandma dies trying to stop sword fight

Started by jimmy olsen, April 09, 2009, 01:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Malthus on April 09, 2009, 02:52:43 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 09, 2009, 02:47:43 PM

When he goes nuts with a sword at college, you'll know where to lay the blame.

To be honest, I'm much more worried about the fact he really, really enjoyed the demolision derby.  :lol:

Anyway, for Carl it's too late: he's already trained to be a sword-weilding maniac:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IxUdBPnvpg&feature=channel_page

You need to put in the first couple of minutes from Queen's Princes of the Universe(the cool bits of the song) on that.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: Malthus on April 09, 2009, 02:44:27 PM
I wasn't there.

He never mentioned it, so I just assume he thought that was supposed to happen.
I hope you explained to him that there were no ambulances in medieval times.

Caliga

Quote from: Neil on April 09, 2009, 02:54:36 PM
Quote from: Caliga on April 09, 2009, 02:25:03 PM
How many times have I told you people that Indiana is even more redneck than Kentucky?  Me = VINDICATED.
Settling your differences in a swordfight is less redneck than eating at a gas station, Jethro.

WARNING: The Cal and Gas Station meme is getting ready to jump the shark.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 09, 2009, 02:55:18 PM
Quote from: Malthus on April 09, 2009, 02:52:43 PM

To be honest, I'm much more worried about the fact he really, really enjoyed the demolision derby.  :lol:

Anyway, for Carl it's too late: he's already trained to be a sword-weilding maniac:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IxUdBPnvpg&feature=channel_page

You need to put in the first couple of minutes from Queen's Princes of the Universe(the cool bits of the song) on that.

:lol:

I may just do that.

On another note, I'd point out that he's learned some moves not taught in fencing school:

1. When in a duel, grab your opponent's sword with your free hand; and then

2. Stab him in the ass repeatedly.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

DGuller

Quote from: Caliga on April 09, 2009, 03:13:29 PM
WARNING: The Cal and Gas Station meme is getting ready to jump the shark.
Can The Cal still jump after all that gas station food?

DisturbedPervert

:yes:

The Society for Creative Anachronism

Caliga

Quote from: DGuller on April 09, 2009, 03:19:04 PMCan The Cal still jump after all that gas station food?

I can propel myself into the air with gas.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on April 09, 2009, 03:24:22 PM
Quote from: DGuller on April 09, 2009, 03:19:04 PMCan The Cal still jump after all that gas station food?

I can propel myself into the air with gas.

That will no doubt take care of the damn shark, too.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

jimmy olsen

I'm really annoyed they didn't write the type of swords involved. How am I supposed to imagine what went on without that information?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on April 09, 2009, 02:56:40 PM
Quote from: Malthus on April 09, 2009, 02:44:27 PM
I wasn't there.

He never mentioned it, so I just assume he thought that was supposed to happen.
I hope you explained to him that there were no ambulances in medieval times.

:D
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Quote from: Caliga on April 09, 2009, 02:25:03 PM
How many times have I told you people that Indiana is even more redneck than Kentucky?  Me = VINDICATED.

Settling differences through a swordfight and only killing grandma is something I'd associate with anime nerds more than rednecks. :p
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 09, 2009, 04:01:50 PM
I'm really annoyed they didn't write the type of swords involved. How am I supposed to imagine what went on without that information?

As a material witness in this case, I can tell you it was a (replica!) Gandalf sword.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Malthus

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 09, 2009, 04:28:03 PM

As a material witness in this case, I can tell you it was a (replica!) Gandalf sword.

Seriously?

fhdz

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 09, 2009, 04:28:03 PM

+2 nerdslaying!
and the horse you rode in on