News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Post your April Fools news here

Started by Brazen, April 01, 2010, 04:32:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Malthus

Here's one I fond on another board. Enjoy!

QuoteStar-Tribune - George RR Martin, best known for his as a writer on the hit CBS series Beauty and the Beast has completed his long awaited fifth book in an ongoing fantasy series A Dance with Dragons. Originally scheduled for publication in early 2006, Martin cited his pressing football needs and a hectic HBO shooting schedule as cause for the delay. "I promised my avid readers I wouldn't revise my (Song of) Ice and Fire update page until the book was finished," Martin said by telephone interview. "I felt it important to keep my word on this issue," he explained citing an unchanged status page from January 1, 2008.
"I think my readers are going to be very pleased with this new novel. I've taken to heart a lot from what I've learned on the set of my new HBO project," Martin said, referring to his newly greenlit series about the Song of Ice and Fire scheduled to air in Spring of 2011.
"What finally brought me over the hump of writer's block I've been struggling with for so many years is the dawning realization on set of exactly what this book needed: writing by committee.
"Consequently, in Dragons, Daenerys is now going to be 19 years old and a redhead to really ramp up the sex appeal for the 18-35 year old males in the audience. Ned Stark returns from the grave in ghost form, just like in Hamlet! Oh and I don't want to spoil anything, but Jamie Lannister's going to get his hand reattached, either through surgery or sorcery. We haven't quite finished the editing process yet but I can tell you it's going to be exciting either way it happens."
The book has a page count of 3,658 pages and centers around two main perspectives. Those wishing to learn more about other favorite characters may have to wait for the sixth book The Winds of Winter due out in Mid 2018 by Bantam Books.
"In the meantime, I'm working on editing Wild Cards LXXI April Showers and LXXII Fool's Gambit due out this Spring and Summer respectively," Martin said.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Quote from: grumbler on April 01, 2010, 09:31:06 AM
Quote from: Tyr on April 01, 2010, 07:49:41 AM
Quote from: PDH on April 01, 2010, 07:44:16 AM
Well, google announced that it has changed its name to "Topeka"
Thats rather lame, googles past ones have been awesome.
No, it is pretty clever.  One of the better gags google has pulled.
Its funny. But its just a little low key article. They usually do big things. Entire new google sites just for april fools.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

They did.

There's Google Street View in 3d, Google Animals Translates, Google Standard Voice Mail. DO a search on google, see how much time it took. Google Docs that stores "everything" From keys to credit cards.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain