News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ehrie

I question my locking up of the game now. It's really possible for me to lose two keys if I get another bad battle once Tamas and Del move in.

Berkut

Quote from: ehrie on June 17, 2009, 02:03:22 PM
I question my locking up of the game now. It's really possible for me to lose two keys if I get another bad battle once Tamas and Del move in.

Sure, anything is possible. Just not very likely. Heck, if we can get one key away from you and I can manage to convert one space, we can get you down to 24.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ehrie

I can convert spaces back with ease the rest of this turn, Habbaku has Unpaid mercs in his hand for one of my spaces and You have Treachery. My poor navy, sunk to the bottom.

ehrie

My money is on Habbaku climbing my corpse to victory as Tamas, Del and Berkut stab me to death. Couldn't you have waited until Habbaku made his move to convert all of freakin England ulmont? :P

Berkut

Quote from: ehrie on June 17, 2009, 02:15:58 PM
I can convert spaces back with ease the rest of this turn, Habbaku has Unpaid mercs in his hand for one of my spaces and You have Treachery. My poor navy, sunk to the bottom.

True, you can convert spaces in England easily, and they cannot be easily converted back, which against makes the decision to do those conversions for you rather odd.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ehrie

Quote from: Berkut on June 17, 2009, 02:20:42 PM
Quote from: ehrie on June 17, 2009, 02:15:58 PM

True, you can convert spaces in England easily, and they cannot be easily converted back, which against makes the decision to do those conversions for you rather odd.

Last turn I was one measly space from 25 VP. I also really didn't think ulmont was going to do me the favor of completing the English Bible and choosing spaces that would be easy to convert. I figured he'd stick to the Scotland. This turn I only did the one as I reasoned my Navy could keep me atleast one key if I took out the French in Rouen. Best laid plans. :P

ulmont

Eh, I see focusing your attention on England as a feature, not a bug.

ulmont

Quote from: ehrie on June 17, 2009, 02:24:21 PM
Best laid plans. :P

You ain't kidding.  Tamas the Bastard screwed my Turn 5 plans.

ehrie

Quote from: ulmont on June 17, 2009, 02:24:55 PM

Eh, I see focusing your attention on England as a feature, not a bug.

I really rather you had not, lol. I see it setting off the chain reaction where Del and Tamas beat me up because they have to with me being at 27 VP and Habbaku waltzing right in and snatching victory away.

Delirium

That is a very likely scenario, yes.

I'll chance a battle. Interception. No cc, you resolve.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

The Habsburgs win 4 to 3--two Ottoman squadrons sunk, one Habsburg sunk.

Last two CPs build another squadron in Scutari.

Off to Del.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Okay, I played a 4 cp card and some fake orders on ACTS. Here is what happens:

1/4 Move a squadron to Irish Sea. ehrie suceeded in intercepting, so I'll leave it to him to decide on a battle one-on-one.

Since I'm going away for at least 24 hours, the rest of my move is conditional:

*If* there is still a Habsburg squadron in Irish Sea, the remaining 3 cp will move the four regulars from Corunna to Bristol.

If not, two cp will move those guys to Brest instead, and the fourth builds a merc in Brussels.

See you when I get back. Posting a file with my move and some cleaning up to this point.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

ehrie

England: Die roll request
Request: 6-sided die x 5

Message from England:
Well I see no choice in the matter of fighting so yes I intercerpt

2 English Dice vs 3 Hapsburg, me first.

1 Hit each. I don't have a rulebook handy so I honestly don't know what happens.

ehrie

Oops, I actually rolled one extra dice for you. Only get that defender dice when in a port. As that would be your hit dice, ofcourse. I will reroll the fight.

ehrie

England: Die roll request
Request: 6-sided die x 4

Message from England:
Corrected Naval Encounter. First 2 English last 2 Hapsburg.

Starving for hits this turn.