News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

Quick Tamas, post your SD and we can be on our way!
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

I have a horrible feeling ehrie was a half hour late and we have to wait another 24 hours. :bleeding:
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Tamas

Francis plus 8 regulars from Paris to Brussels

Habbaku

QuoteOttoman: Play Card as Event

#45: 1 / Calvin Expelled

Message from Ottoman:
Remove the Calvin reformer and debater from the map for the rest of the turn. Both return to play at the start of the next turn (replace the reformer in Geneva). Commit Calvin.

The Ottomans engage in part 1 of their anti-Protestant assistance package.  Let's hope that the Pope can do something with it.

File coming--off to Del.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on June 12, 2009, 12:23:27 PM
The Ottomans engage in part 1 of their anti-Protestant assistance package.

:rolleyes:

Habbaku

You are 9 average (for you, lucky bastard) rolls away from an auto-victory.  Don't want to hear it.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

I play Shipbuilding to place two squadrons on the Atlantic Coast. England is up.

ehrie

England: Play Card as Operations
#68: 5 / Andrea Doria

Message from England:
Damnit for me not being able to play this as an event.

1/5 Naval Move: Royal Navy to the North Sea
3/5 Move 3+2 from London to Antwerp
4/5 Henry, Brandon, 10+3, leaving 1 merc in brussels goes and says Oh Hai to Francis.

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ehrie

Once my turn is resolved I will send out a file.

Delirium

Quote from: ehrie on June 12, 2009, 05:06:37 PM4/5 Henry, Brandon, 10+3, leaving 1 merc in brussels goes and says Oh Hai to Francis.

In my file Francis is in Brussels so I assume you mean you leave 1 merc in Antwerp. You could also roll for evasion in advance and if failed, declare if you'll use any combat cards. That would speed up play.

Tamas

#25: 1 / Field Artillery

Message from France:
Playing it for combat, so as I see its 14 english dice vs. 13 french ones.

Anyone objects to me resolving? Ehrie did not state any CCs...

Delirium

Guess you could resolve, but ehrie has 1 cp left so you couldn't do your move anyway...

ehrie

I'll do it since I have a CP left. Rolling now.

ehrie

England: Die roll request
Request: 6-sided die x 14

Message from England:
English attack dice 13 Units + Henry.

5 French Regulars eat it.

England: Die roll request
Request: 6-sided die x 13

Message from England:
French Defense 8 Units + Francis(1) + Arty(3) + Defender(1) = 13

4 hits.  1+3 brave Englishman die. Francis has to pick where he runs off to then I'll finish my turn.