News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

Now, as soon as you feel ready you may start sending me tokens of appreciation for my prolonging the game although I knew I would lose most of what I had in doing so. Anything will do.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Tamas

Alright I am willing to help stopping the protestant bastards (England and Protties) from winning, but I want help. Namely a card or two.

Delirium

Thank you for proving my point!  :P

Delirium

All right, to be fair you did play the merc card on ulmont, that was Right.

ehrie

I think I was shorted a card. 3 from keys 1 from Henry 1 Held 1 from colony yet I was dealt  to five cards in my hand instead of six. Can someone confirm?

Berkut

Quote from: ehrie on June 09, 2009, 08:00:29 AM
I think I was shorted a card. 3 from keys 1 from Henry 1 Held 1 from colony yet I was dealt  to five cards in my hand instead of six. Can someone confirm?

Did you play Fuggers? There is a -1 card marker on your monarch.

you played Fuggers on Turn 4 - maybe someone forgot to remove the marker?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ehrie

Yah looks like the marker wasn't removed.

Berkut

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Ottomans have no announcements and no DoWs.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

France announces an alliance with Habsburg and Pope, and in case of acceptance of the latter at least, declares war on England. ACTS cardplay shall commence.

Berkut

Slow down tiger, DOWs come after the diplo phase.

0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on June 10, 2009, 01:37:24 PM
Slow down tiger, DOWs come after the diplo phase.

Alright pussycat, but Habs already declared the obvious (no DoW) so I am also declaring the obvious, to save time. I even left instructions. namely, if you dont accept my alliance, I declare no war on England.

Berkut

I will, of course, accept the alliance, as discussed. Just saying that it could matter in your case. Both the Hapsburgs and England announce before you, and knowing that you are going to DOW Engalnd could change how that plays out, at least in theory.

0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on June 10, 2009, 01:42:25 PM
I will, of course, accept the alliance, as discussed. Just saying that it could matter in your case. Both the Hapsburgs and England announce before you, and knowing that you are going to DOW Engalnd could change how that plays out, at least in theory.

Yeah I know, it's just that I am fairly sure everyone handled that DoW as a certanity.