News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

I can't see that kind of luck at this stage in the game.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Berkut

Got nothing to lose by trying....
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Delirium

This was just handed to me...

I pass.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

ehrie

Give it the old College try, Del.

ehrie

Quote from: Delirium on June 08, 2009, 03:33:40 PM
This was just handed to me...

I pass.

You pass? Passing means you are ending the game.

Delirium

After Habbaku had a chance to play or pass, that is.

Habbaku

Not necessarily.  I pass as well.

Tamas is going to play his card, I believe.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Quote from: ehrie on June 08, 2009, 03:34:30 PMYou pass? Passing means you are ending the game.

No, there are other players active after me, I get a new shot next round.

Tamas

France: Play Card as Event
#106: 3 / Unpaid Mercenaries

Message from France:
With everyone passing before me, I play this to remove the 2 Protestant mercs from Brandenburg

ehrie

Quote from: Delirium on June 08, 2009, 03:35:25 PM
Quote from: ehrie on June 08, 2009, 03:34:30 PMYou pass? Passing means you are ending the game.

No, there are other players active after me, I get a new shot next round.

Ahhh, okay.

ehrie

Quote from: Tamas on June 08, 2009, 03:35:39 PM
France: Play Card as Event
#106: 3 / Unpaid Mercenaries

Message from France:
With everyone passing before me, I play this to remove the 2 Protestant mercs from Brandenburg

You sly Magyar you. There's hope for you, yet.

ehrie

I can't help but think that card had my name on it.

Delirium

He just managed to catch me on Google Talk. I underestimated the Hungarian, I did.

Habbaku

I do hope that if Del manages to take Brandenburg that Berkut will consider just not playing any cards next turn.  I think the Protestants lose more when he does that.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont