News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on May 17, 2009, 03:25:07 PM
Tamas is up, then.  Might I suggest you spread your mercenaries out a bit, please?  1 in Bordeaux and the other 3 in Paris/Rouen would be great.

No kidding.

The Protestants hardly need any help.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

France: Play Card as Event
#36: 1 / Swiss Mercenaries

Message from France:
3 with my King's stack, 1 to Bordeaux.

ehrie

Quote from: Delirium on May 17, 2009, 03:23:22 PM
I just made a bet with Habs you'll win this turn, partly by conquering the Incas. I'll hate you for it.

I'm not going to win this turn. Can;t convert enough of England to do it.

Berkut

0 rows returned

ehrie

Berkut

Tamas, I take back what I said about stationing some troops to slow the Protestatns down. It won't make any difference anyway. As long as they get 1 die, they will manage to convert regardl;ess of how many *I* get to roll!

0 rows returned

ulmont

Sorry, missed Berk's post and didn't see anything in the journal.

Published a treatise, had a debate, converted Trier, Worms, Strasburg, and Augsburg, but could not disgrace a papal debater, alas.

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on May 18, 2009, 12:37:14 PM
Tamas, I take back what I said about stationing some troops to slow the Protestatns down. It won't make any difference anyway. As long as they get 1 die, they will manage to convert regardl;ess of how many *I* get to roll!

You say that after watching me fail miserably with the French NT and Bible...

Habbaku

QuoteOttoman: Play Card as Operations

#94: 2 / Revolt of the Communeros

Message from Ottoman:
Playing for CPs :

1-2/2 - Raise 2 cavalry in Nicopolis.

Off to Del.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: ulmont on May 18, 2009, 12:42:12 PM
Quote from: Berkut on May 18, 2009, 12:37:14 PM

You say that after watching me fail miserably with the French NT and Bible...

Don't even try. Your dice overall on reformation attempts have been obscene.

0 rows returned

Delirium

I'm gonna pass this round. Over to England.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

Quote from: ulmont on May 18, 2009, 12:40:42 PM
Sorry, missed Berk's post and didn't see anything in the journal.

Using the forum to stay in touch with the game is generally a good idea.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

ulmont

Quote from: Delirium on May 18, 2009, 03:57:20 PM
Using the forum to stay in touch with the game is generally a good idea.

I read the forum like 80 times a day, obsessively refreshing "Recent Unread Topics," so I'm surprised I missed his post.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ehrie

England: Play Card as Operations
#69: 3 / Auld Alliance

Message from England:
Place a Colony