News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

Interesting development. Wonder what the French part of the agreement was?

No matter if the Ottomans honour the agreement or not, the Pope is up.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Berkut

File? Why aren't we sending out files?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on May 16, 2009, 09:29:02 AM
File? Why aren't we sending out files?

Didn't Del send a file?  England just nuked French mercs and France passed...

Delirium

I did send a file.

If Habs does play Swiss Mercenaries Tamas goes up one merc in Boulogne. If he doesn't, Tamas goes down three. That's the only change from my file.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

I'm not playing Swiss Mercenaries.

Berkut is...still...up...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Played shipbuilding for 2 CPs to St. Petes.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Delirium

England does look threatening with their five cards plus their home card, they could possibly convert those into six victory points to win, in case anyone happened to miss that.  :bowler:

Protestants are up.

ulmont

Calvin masterfully defeated Campeggio, converting Limoges, Tours, and Orleans.

Back to the Ottos.

And Del...England also still has their home card, so I'd be real nervous if I was Hapsburgs or France.

Habbaku

Ottomans play Diplomatic Overture to draw some cards and to give France a card.

Off to Del (no file).
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Quote from: ulmont on May 17, 2009, 09:59:07 AMAnd Del...England also still has their home card, so I'd be real nervous if I was Hapsburgs or France.

That's exactly what I said. :unsure:

Delirium

QuoteHapsburgs: Play Card as Operations
#51: 4 / Michael Servetus

Message from Hapsburgs:
2/4 Move Charles back to Vienna.
4/4 Build a colony.

In the interest of helping everyone, including the Ottomans, safeguard against an English win, I voluntarily break the siege of Buda. Peace and prosperity, people. England is up.

ehrie

England: Play Card as Event
#101: 4 / Smallpox

Message from England:
Playable by England, France, Hapsburgs. Launch a Voyage of Conquest at no additional CP cost. Place the "+2 Smallpox" marker next to the Conquest Underway or Conquest marker for this power. Add this modifier when resolving the voyage during the New World Phase.

Blankets consist of 50% wool, 50% love, 50% death.

Well, there's always this way to win then.

Delirium

I just made a bet with Habs you'll win this turn, partly by conquering the Incas. I'll hate you for it.

Habbaku

Tamas is up, then.  Might I suggest you spread your mercenaries out a bit, please?  1 in Bordeaux and the other 3 in Paris/Rouen would be great.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Sending a file with my and ehrie's plays.