Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Could be because he only sent it to me, judging by the e-mail.   :P

Let's run off of Ulmont's file, then.

Tamas is still up.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Quote from: Habbaku on May 14, 2009, 12:50:16 PM
So we'll just assume you did prioritize correctly.  No big deal.

A bit lost there, just a simple mistake on my part.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

Quote from: Habbaku on May 14, 2009, 01:41:15 PM
Could be because he only sent it to me, judging by the e-mail.   :P

Apparently this isn't my day.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Tamas

I want to pass this single round. I am back home btw.

Habbaku

Berkutimus Hippitus Hoppitus is up.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Played Liepzig for another debate in England, which Eck won 2-0 converting both English spaces back to the True Faith.

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Delirium

ehrie

Quote from: Tamas on May 14, 2009, 05:05:09 PM
I want to pass this single round. I am back home btw.

I thought you can only pass if you have played your home card and are at or below your save limit. You have two cards and Francis can only save 1.

ehrie

I'm also at 19 VP, btw, not 18. Ulmont didn't put me up to 20 after my card play.

ulmont

Quote from: ehrie on May 15, 2009, 08:16:46 AM
I thought you can only pass if you have played your home card and are at or below your save limit. You have two cards and Francis can only save 1.

Yes, that is correct.

Quote from: HIS Rulebook, Section 11Powers may never pass if:
• Their Home card has not been played,
• A Mandatory Event is in their hand that has not been played, or
• They have more cards in their hand than their ruler's Administrative
Rating.

Delirium

Since Berkut has already skipped Tamas ulmont might conceivably do so as well on the proviso that French action does not affect either player. But I suppose it's up you.

Berkut

Actually, we should not skip him, since I am going to ask him to make a play that could very well effect the protestant player.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Delirium on May 15, 2009, 08:30:32 AM
Since Berkut has already skipped Tamas ulmont might conceivably do so as well on the proviso that French action does not affect either player. But I suppose it's up you.

Quote from: Berkut on May 15, 2009, 08:39:58 AM
Actually, we should not skip him, since I am going to ask him to make a play that could very well effect the protestant player.

Well, shit, I already went ahead on the theory that I was irrelevant.  I'm happy to rewind if Tamas has something to play against me.

Tamas

Well I did my play but just now saw that Berkut was about to ask me something. Since my move was just burning a card, I ask permission to hear out Berk and then maybe change my play.

Delirium

I have nothing against that.

I do wonder why ulmont's file seemed to skip Berk's file?