And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

I sent guys to Algiers. Again.  <_<

England is up.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

Why not just build 2 mercenaries in Gibraltar and accomplish the same thing, only going up 2 troops?  :unsure:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ehrie

England: Play Card as Event
#63: 4 / Dissolution of the Monasteries

Message from England:
English player draws 2 cards from deck. Protestant player then makes 3 Reformation attempts targeting the English language zone. Remove from deck if played as event.

Vow of poverty my ass. Cromwell has done well here.

Moar cards. Ulmont needs to make three reformation attemps in the English zone. then on to Tamas.

ulmont

Quote from: ehrie on May 14, 2009, 12:39:55 PM
Ulmont needs to make three reformation attemps in the English zone

You know there are no legal reformation targets actually in the English zone right now, right?

Habbaku

Quote from: ulmont on May 14, 2009, 12:42:31 PM
You know there are no legal reformation targets actually in the English zone right now, right?

There are several.  Berwick, Edinburgh, Norwich and London are all legal targets.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Quote from: Habbaku on May 14, 2009, 12:34:54 PM
Why not just build 2 mercenaries in Gibraltar and accomplish the same thing, only going up 2 troops?  :unsure:

Because I'm trying to do three things at the same time and apparently not prioritizing correctly.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on May 14, 2009, 12:45:27 PM
There are several.  Berwick, Edinburgh, Norwich and London are all legal targets.

1 sea zone away from Bremen, I take it?

Habbaku

Quote from: ulmont on May 14, 2009, 12:46:37 PM
1 sea zone away from Bremen, I take it?

I was looking at Hamburg, but yes, same effect.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Delirium on May 14, 2009, 12:46:28 PM
Because I'm trying to do three things at the same time and apparently not prioritizing correctly.

So we'll just assume you did prioritize correctly.  No big deal.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Edinburgh and Norwich convert.  Tamas is up.

Habbaku

Ulmont's file doesn't take the latest Habsburg play into account.

Tamas, ignore it and just flip Norwich and Edinburgh to Protestant in your own file, please.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on May 14, 2009, 12:58:44 PM
Ulmont's file doesn't take the latest Habsburg play into account.

Really?  I just reloaded my replay, and I moved 2 guys from Gibraltar and 2 guys from Tunis to Algiers...

...or were you saying I should have just added 2 mercs in Gibraltar, moved those to Algiers, and left the 2 mercs in Tunis, per your little colloquy with Del?

Habbaku

I'm saying that you didn't just load Del's file, then do your own like we're supposed to be doing.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ehrie

Quote from: Habbaku on May 14, 2009, 01:35:17 PM
I'm saying that you didn't just load Del's file, then do your own like we're supposed to be doing.

:face:

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on May 14, 2009, 01:35:17 PM

Never got Del's file; your T4-09 Otto file is the last I saw.  I assumed he hadn't sent one out.