And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Viking on April 09, 2009, 04:55:28 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on April 09, 2009, 04:41:20 PM
Viking, you will probably have a spot when Berkut finds out he is the Papacy.   :P

Pope Throbby XIV
:lmfao:

Sorry, that one hit me in the funnay bone.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

ehrie

I sent some stuff out; however, I'm going to sit on the sidelines this turn. Nothing to announce with either the Frogs or the Hapsburgs.

ehrie

Tamas, are you getting my PMs? I can't tell with this horrible new software. There's nothing in my sent box for PMs, yet it says I replied to your PM. X.x

Habbaku

Just need spring deployments from the other four capable of it, then...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ehrie

Tamas

ehrie

I hate this frackin new software. What am I doing wrong? I am hitting reply, hitting send, the message itself says I have replied to it, yet nothing seems to be happening.

Habbaku

Quote from: ehrie on April 11, 2009, 01:36:55 PM
I hate this frackin new software. What am I doing wrong? I am hitting reply, hitting send, the message itself says I have replied to it, yet nothing seems to be happening.

Use the dropdown menu from the person's name.
Click "View User Profile."
Scroll down to the bottom and click "send this member a personal message."
Type your message.
Verify that the recipient is listed at the top.
Hit send message.

That's really all there is to it.  Works fine for me and others.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

PDH

Quote from: grumbler on April 10, 2009, 05:19:38 PM
:lmfao:

Sorry, that one hit me in the funnay bone.
His Papla Bluls are famous.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

ehrie

Quote from: Habbaku on April 11, 2009, 01:42:55 PM
Quote from: ehrie on April 11, 2009, 01:36:55 PM

Use the dropdown menu from the person's name.
Click "View User Profile."
Scroll down to the bottom and click "send this member a personal message."
Type your message.
Verify that the recipient is listed at the top.
Hit send message.

That's really all there is to it.  Works fine for me and others.

Just tried that again and it didn't work. :mad: That is what I've been doing. I get notice that the message sent, but when I check there is nothing in the sent messages folder.

Delirium

Quote from: Habbaku on April 10, 2009, 01:21:46 PM
I just hope that if someone was dealt the League card that they'll play it now and give the Habsburgs some interesting choices...

Speaking of which, the rules (21.6) say

QuoteThe Mandatory Event Schmalkaldic League can be played as early as Turn 2

although the card strangely doesn't specify that, the FAQ says it can't be triggered turn 1. Unfortunately.

On another note, I apologize for my silence, been away on Easter thingies. So it was not out of disrespect to the English. We welcome their decision to stay neutral for the time being. We also encourage their right to enforce order in the unruly Scottish lands.

Regarding the French offer of truce we welcome such a proposal but cannot yield the heavy responsibility of keeping the peace in Metz to the French in these chaotic times, surely they have enough duties already.

I Spring Deploy a single regular to Nuremberg.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Tamas

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

All spring deployments are in:

Ottoman SD : 6 regulars, 1 cavalry, Suleiman and Ibrahim to Nezh.
Hapsburg SD : 1 regular from Vienna to Nuremberg.
English SD : 3 regulars and Henry from London to Berwick.
French SD : none
Papal SD : none
Protestant SD : none

Habbaku is up.