Obamas grade at the G20 and related trip

A
B
C
D
F
Jaron would be an improvement.

garbon

Yeah, because people were exercising such restraint in their criticism of Bush...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on April 09, 2009, 11:33:37 AM
Yeah, because people were exercising such restraint in their criticism of Bush...

Well that was different.  Bush equaled Hitler.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grallon

Quote from: garbon on April 09, 2009, 11:33:37 AM

Considering Bush's legacy - which was apparent in 2004 when a majority of you people voted him in a second time - it was *quite* warranted.

Obama's 100 days aren't even finished yet...

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

Quote from: Grallon on April 09, 2009, 11:42:58 AM
Considering Bush's legacy - which was apparent in 2004 when a majority of you people voted him in a second time - it was *quite* warranted.

Obama's 100 days aren't even finished yet...

G.

:lol:

Always stay so objective, boo. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 09, 2009, 10:49:44 AM
I don't really get the question about the financial crisis being America's fault.
Gordon Brown regularly blames the crisis on America when he's at home.  The British press wanted to embarass him a little :lol:

I think a B.  In terms of style he did very well on the whole trip, not a foot wrong or a cock-up or a gaffe which over about a week and six different countries is very good.

For the G20 alone I think he did well.  He helped broker the deal, but didn't get everything he wanted - though he never was going to.
Let's bomb Russia!

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

vinraith

Better than adequate but hardly outstanding, a B seems fair.

jimmy olsen

Not awful, not great, gave him a C.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Scipio

Too much kowtowing to the KGB.  C.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

dps

The Euros love him.  That's a bad sign.  On the other hand, I can't see that he screwed up anything substantial.  C.

Habsburg

Quote from: Grallon on April 09, 2009, 11:31:44 AM
Quote from: Berkut on April 09, 2009, 10:55:35 AM

And besides, what fun is there in the uncritical hero worship of political leaders? We should be critical and questioning.

I don't hero worship him.  It just seem every day there's a new thread about something else he should be criticized about.  That's a little too nose-on-the-ground (or the screen) evaluation for my taste.  The effects of many of the things he's doing (or attempting) won't become apparent for some time; despite everybody expecting instantaneous results and gratification.  One doesn't clean up years of mess overnight...

G.

I agree. 

I'd say he did well from a PR aspect.  :frog:

saskganesh

A

I think he was your best international representative in the last half century. ride the pony.
humans were created in their own image

Razgovory

Quote from: dps on April 09, 2009, 10:20:50 PM
The Euros love him.  That's a bad sign.  On the other hand, I can't see that he screwed up anything substantial.  C.

What is with conservatives and that anyway?  It it some remnant of isolationism?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

citizen k

Quote from: Razgovory on April 09, 2009, 11:36:16 PM

What is with conservatives and that anyway?  It it some remnant of isolationism?

They(conservatives) look at Europe and see EPIC FAIL.  :rolleyes:

Razgovory

Quote from: citizen k on April 09, 2009, 11:44:48 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 09, 2009, 11:36:16 PM

They(conservatives) look at Europe and see EPIC FAIL.  :rolleyes:

Easy to saying hanging out of your trailer half drunk.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017