News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dominion 3 MP

Started by Eochaid, March 27, 2010, 08:30:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eochaid

Some mates and I are going to start a Dominion 3 MP in a few days. Anyone interested?

Kevin
It's been a while

Syt

I hear the game is now available for download from Shrapnel. But no, I won't join.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

OttoVonBismarck

I'd be real interested, I used to play Dominion 3 almost obsessively.  However I haven't played it in about a 12 month span, so let me know what sort (if any) mods or etc you guys plan on playing with.  Also let me know the turn structure (how many turns we looking at per day, how are we connecting etc etc.)

Also what era are you guys looking to play in, and which races have already been spoken for...

Lucidor

55 dollars... real cheap!

Eochaid

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on March 27, 2010, 01:12:23 PM
I'd be real interested, I used to play Dominion 3 almost obsessively.  However I haven't played it in about a 12 month span, so let me know what sort (if any) mods or etc you guys plan on playing with.  Also let me know the turn structure (how many turns we looking at per day, how are we connecting etc etc.)

Also what era are you guys looking to play in, and which races have already been spoken for...

OK, I'll let you know once we've sorted everything out.

Kevin
It's been a while

Eochaid

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on March 27, 2010, 01:12:23 PM

Taken from the organisation thread in EU OT:
For those who want to get their feet wet in Dominions 3 MP game (best way to learn the game IMO, wether you prefer single play or multi-play ), I'll set up a MP on my garage machine on Sunday 11th of April at 19:30 GMT. I'll also set up another game with the demo on Tuesday 13th of April at 18:00 GMT.

For the Sunday game, let's go with Middle Era. As the idea will be to answer questions on the game, you will be required to log on to IRC (Random UK Quakenet server, channel MG_dom3), and to ensure that I will provide information on the host machine only there. I hope veterans would also be available, at least to answer questions and to give hints (and we all know how Peter the Conqueror want to stomp over new players to drive in the message he wants to get delivered ). Please post here which nation you wish to pick, as you need to design a pretender before the game (in the main menu go to Game Tools, desing a pretender). You will need to have latest patch (3.24) and CBM1.6 installed and activated (get the mod from http: //forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=43949 unpack it in the /mod folder in the /dominions3 folder, activate the mod in game (Preferences -> Mod Preferences -> click CBM1.6) before designing the pretender. We will either go with a small random map or some other small map which has about 5 to 10 provinces per player. You can also just show up in IRC and claim a nation (unless it has been claimed by somebody else already), but I hope people would post their choice beforehand (as it shortens the set-up time of the game). As I suppose there will be quite a few "oh sh**, what was that??" -moments, I believe the game won't last for long, but if it does, then the game will be running on the host and people can take their turns daily. I will be more than happy to set up a new game (either on my garage machine, or on the Llamaserver for an e-mail game) after that, if people want to

On Tuesday, for the demo game, join IRC (again, Random UK Quakenet server, channel MG_dom3), lets see who all turns up, lets decide on nations and dive in. The demo allows games to be played for at most 20 turns and only with a few nations (and with no mods as far as I know), it will most likely be a very fast and furious game

I'm not the one organising BTW :)

Kevin
It's been a while