Main Menu

Ironclads: Schleswig War 1864

Started by Syt, April 09, 2010, 12:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Some people may recall Totem's Ironclads:

http://www.totemgames.ru/

ACW, High Seas have been around some.

Just noticed Gamersgate now has Ironclads Schleswig War 1864. Comes at 13 EUR (12 at Totem - plus VAT if applicable).

Thought I'd post this as some people doubtlessly enjoy the idea of Prussian steamers whacking Danes.

Quote# OS Windows XP / Vista / 7
# DirectX 9.0C
# Processor 1.1 GHz or better
# RAM: 512 MB
# Videocard: 128 MB GeForce 6600 / RADEON 9600 or better
# Sound card: compatible with DirectX 16-bit
# No Multiplayer!

DRM: SecuROM

A steam-ship period naval combat simulation games focusing on fleet-scale battles in real time.

The Danish government wanted to annex the duchy of Schleswig to the Danish kingdom while the Prussian government, for internal political and strategic reasons, wanted Schleswig to finally became a part of Germany.

A key element of Denmark's war strategy was the blockade of Germany's Baltic sea ports, thereby disrupting German overseas trade and hindering Prussian naval operations in support the Prussian army. The supreme commander of the Prussian army insisted that the navy attempt to breach the blockade.

Manage financial and strategic aspects while planning your squadron's structure. Scramble your fleet to gain sea supremacy. The naval combat game allows you to set up battles squadron groups, their formations and management, with realistic ship models and characteristics, as well as advanced ballistisc and weapon models.

Choose your ships, increase the experience of your crews and send your squadron into the high seas. Order a battle formation, and experience power of iron and a steam!

Screenshots at http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-ICSW1864/ironclads-schleswig-war-1864
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Can I be: Admiral von Tegetthoff?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Tegetthoff was in the North Sea with the Austrian Navy, this seems to be about Prussia and the Baltic only.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on April 09, 2010, 12:18:47 PM
Tegetthoff was in the North Sea with the Austrian Navy, this seems to be about Prussia and the Baltic only.

:(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on April 09, 2010, 12:36:01 PM
Quote from: Syt on April 09, 2010, 12:18:47 PM

:(

LOL you could still be: Field Marshal Friedrich Graf von Wrangel
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive