Geert Wilders cancels appearance at US conservative event over antigay remarks

Started by Martinus, March 25, 2010, 04:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 25, 2010, 01:37:12 PM

Nobody understands the difference because they are all anglos & it's a common law notion. (Marti, I have no idea why).

http://www2.macleans.ca/2010/03/25/i'm-with-the-'intolerant'-quebecers/

QuoteHow many people have to think like Mr. Hassan for it to tell us something about where Norway's headed? How many women in the CEGEP class have to act like Mme Ahmed for it to put a profound question mark over the future of your society? In the ROC, even to ask the question is illegitimate, not to say "racist" and "Islamophobic." Quebec is disinclined to such masochism, regarding itself very much as the S in the Canadian S&M dungeon.

Margaret Wente thinks many English Canadians agree more with the Quebec government's approach than with the elite opinion expressed by the Globe et al. Demonstrating their bizarre insulation from their own market, the Montreal Gazette sneered that the land of the "tongue troopers" didn't also need a government dress code. But we're not really talking about clothes, are we? "If you want to integrate into Quebec society, here are our values," said the Immigration Minister, Yolande James. "We want to see your face."

One can have legitimate disagreements about what follows therefrom, but I agree with that statement. Vive le Québec niqab-libre!

:lol:

Even an anglo can get it.  Of course said anglo has to be remotely aware of what's going on here rather than mouthing the common platitudes oozing from the ambiant ideological climate...

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Larch on March 25, 2010, 08:24:05 AM
And has a wonderful mane of hair.

Wow.  That hair is so wonderful, it even makes me want to do him from behind, just so I can grab it and yell "Let's ride!"

Whoa.  Did I just say that out loud?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on March 25, 2010, 07:47:49 AM
Well, I personally have nothing against Islam, but I do take issue with religious zealotry,

Well, guess what, Caliga-a-din, tthey're one and the same.  Islam by its very nature is zealotry.

Caliga

I realize that's often the case, but I know like 4 or 5 moderate Muslims, so I'm not gonna condemn 'em all.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grallon

Quote from: Caliga on March 25, 2010, 06:15:34 PM
I realize that's often the case, but I know like 4 or 5 moderate Muslims, so I'm not gonna condemn 'em all.

The point isn't to condemn them all - it's rather to aknowledge their particular cult is a highly successfull breeding ground for social diseases and to discriminate accordingly.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Neil

Quote from: Grallon on March 25, 2010, 06:45:48 PM
The point isn't to condemn them all - it's rather to aknowledge their particular cult is a highly successfull breeding ground for social diseases and to discriminate accordingly.
So is homosexuality.  See:  AIDS.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grallon

Quote from: Neil on March 25, 2010, 07:08:54 PM
Quote from: Grallon on March 25, 2010, 06:45:48 PM
So is homosexuality.  See:  AIDS.

Shoo!  I said *social* disease - no individual ones!

G.

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

I think grallon considers a "social disease" some sort of "malady of the soul".

Of course, losing your immortal soul and burning forever in the everlasting fire (not to mentioned a higher depression and psychological disorder rate among GLBT people) could qualify too. :P

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on March 26, 2010, 03:01:50 AM
I think grallon considers a "social disease" some sort of "malady of the soul".

Of course, losing your immortal soul and burning forever in the everlasting fire (not to mentioned a higher depression and psychological disorder rate among GLBT people) could qualify too. :P

I think Grallon just doesn't know what "social disease" means in English.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grallon

Quote from: Razgovory on March 26, 2010, 06:23:30 AM

I think Grallon just doesn't know what "social disease" means in English.

It appears you were right and I was mistaken.  I meant of course social disruption.
Thank you for correcting me.

G.

~Jean-François Revel

DGuller

Quote from: Cecil on March 25, 2010, 09:05:43 AM
Riddle me this, suppose Obama would in a televised speach say that hes embarrased over the 4th of July celebrations and other cultural holidays you have and furthermore it would be an improvement if you instead adopted the culture of the middle east. How well would that go over?
Half of US would wholeheartedly agree, half would vehemently disagree.

Jaron

When I was a young man, like in my early 20s Grallon wanted to pound my ass so bad and I loved teasing him. I remember our long (sometimes several hour) conversations we had on IRC where he would tell me all the things he wished he could do to me and I coyly pretended to have no idea what he was talking about. Good times.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Grallon

~Jean-François Revel