It's your decision but... everybody volunteers his opinion on it in your country

Started by Martinus, March 24, 2010, 07:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Monoriu on March 24, 2010, 10:25:26 AM
Quote from: Martinus on March 24, 2010, 07:32:50 AM
So I am considering buying a new flat, and apparently everybody is an expert and happy to discuss for hours prices, locations and whatnot.

What are similar topics in your country? :P

People like to give advice about flat purchases because they want to justify their own flat purchases.
This is a very profound statement, IMO.

Josquius

You're thinking £350,000 is expensive?
That sounds pretty damn cheap for a flat in a major city centre. Especially making the silly money you do...$130,000 a year....wow....lend me a tenner will you?
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

Quote from: Martinus on March 24, 2010, 09:15:00 AM
Not sure where you got the $400k figure from.
I think the number came up in some thread where you told us that some Polish tax scheme allows you to give a certain percentage of your income to a gay charity. You told us how much you gave there and based on that and the percentage your income would have been 400k.

Anyway, I think a nice flat is worth a lot of money. After all it's a place where you spent considerable time. So you should get it.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

That seems like a hell of a lot of money for so small a place, no matter how nice.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Brazen

Quote from: Tyr on March 24, 2010, 10:55:53 AM
2 million people or something like that.
Its not London but its pretty major.
The cost of living isn't significantly below the UK and house prices seem commensurate with the London suburbs in Warsaw centre.

Martinus

Quote from: Zanza on March 24, 2010, 10:41:08 AM
Quote from: Martinus on March 24, 2010, 09:15:00 AM
Not sure where you got the $400k figure from.
I think the number came up in some thread where you told us that some Polish tax scheme allows you to give a certain percentage of your income to a gay charity. You told us how much you gave there and based on that and the percentage your income would have been 400k.

Anyway, I think a nice flat is worth a lot of money. After all it's a place where you spent considerable time. So you should get it.

400k is closer to what I get in zlotys, so that could be the figure you saw. :)

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on March 24, 2010, 10:55:21 AM
That seems like a hell of a lot of money for so small a place, no matter how nice.

Not by Vancouver standards.  One of my associates just bought a two bedroom apartment for 780,000. 

Martinus

2 bedroom and a large living room is not so small.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 24, 2010, 11:02:37 AM

Not by Vancouver standards.  One of my associates just bought a two bedroom apartment for 780,000.

I'm not saying that places don't sell for that much.  I'm just saying I wouldn't spend that much to get so little.  Go outside the city core and buy a real house.

ulmont

People like to give advice about flat purchases because they want to justify their own flat purchases.

Meh, in retrospect I really never should have bought a house.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on March 24, 2010, 11:08:41 AM

I'm not saying that places don't sell for that much.  I'm just saying I wouldn't spend that much to get so little.  Go outside the city core and buy a real house.

Yes but most people live in cities.  There is no point in going outside a city to buy a "real house" if that also means your commute is so long you dont spend any time there other then to sleep.

Barrister

Quote from: ulmont on March 24, 2010, 11:10:44 AM

Meh, in retrospect I really never should have bought a house.

Really?  Buying my first house was one of the best decisions I ever made.

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on March 24, 2010, 11:08:41 AM

I stand to inherit (I'm the only child) my parents' HUGE house about 30 kilometres from Warsaw, with a huge garden (about 2000 square metres plot) . If I wanted a house outside a city core, I'd have it. I don't - I don't intend to have wife or children, so I don't need a big place. .

I want a fucking loft in the fucking city centre, close to gay clubs, restaurants and the cultural scene of the city. I want a place where I could throw after-parties and bring my current boyfriend/fuckbuddy to. :P