It's your decision but... everybody volunteers his opinion on it in your country

Started by Martinus, March 24, 2010, 07:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Seeing as how Seedy is slipping here....

Mart, for that kind of money, you could get a mansion with a split rail fence outside of Laramie.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Caliga

I know I don't speak for Marti, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to live in Wyoming. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

PDH

Quote from: Caliga on March 25, 2010, 07:49:46 AM
I know I don't speak for Marti, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to live in Wyoming. :)
Because he hates freedom.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Martinus

Quote from: PDH on March 25, 2010, 07:44:49 AM
Seeing as how Seedy is slipping here....

Mart, for that kind of money, you could get a mansion with a split rail fence outside of Laramie.

Bitch. :D

Martinus

The rail fence outside of Laramie is where Matt Shephard was murdered. :P

Malthus

Quote from: ulmont on March 24, 2010, 12:04:44 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 24, 2010, 11:13:04 AM
Quote from: ulmont on March 24, 2010, 11:10:44 AM
Meh, in retrospect I really never should have bought a house.

Really?  Buying my first house was one of the best decisions I ever made.

Really.  10 years in, and now it's just kind of an albatross.

It would certainly be a pain in the ass if you were in an occupation that required moving around a lot.

So far, personally I'm pleased with home ownership. Perhaps the best part financially is the least logical: it acts as a way of forcing savings. Yes, I know, you could do that on your own without the obligations, but the temptation not to would be strong. 
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: Martinus on March 25, 2010, 08:08:13 AM

The rail fence outside of Laramie is where Matt Shephard was murdered. :P

And you could own that fence, and tell those kids to get off your property.  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

Lets see, 350K pounds  equals 522K dollars. Oh yeah, 7000 square feet for that. Maybe even a cement pond!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points