House to vote on health care reform Sunday.

Started by jimmy olsen, March 21, 2010, 07:49:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hansmeister

Quote from: Razgovory on March 21, 2010, 11:48:32 AM
Yeah, I figured you'd say that.  Perhaps Democrats actually planted these people in the crowds to discredit the GOP?  Oh well, it must have worked since Boehner has already said such actions were reprehensible.

if it had happened there would be actual video evidence from the plethora of cameras on the scene. There was none. A completely fabricated story by a reprehensible Congressman, picked up by his willing accomplices in the msm. Fake story by a fake media.

Caliga

Quote from: grumbler on March 21, 2010, 11:49:09 AM
Okay, feel free to spend the lifespan debating the possibilities of a new civil war over healthcare with Grallon. Its not like the puppet gets dropped for a while when ignored, like the Fate sock does.
I actually wasn't planning on having any more of a discussion with Grallon over it, because even if he wasn't trolling he's so woefully ignorant of American society/culture that a debate would've been pointless.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: Hansmeister on March 21, 2010, 12:02:40 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 21, 2010, 11:48:32 AM
Yeah, I figured you'd say that.  Perhaps Democrats actually planted these people in the crowds to discredit the GOP?  Oh well, it must have worked since Boehner has already said such actions were reprehensible.

if it had happened there would be actual video evidence from the plethora of cameras on the scene. There was none. A completely fabricated story by a reprehensible Congressman, picked up by his willing accomplices in the msm. Fake story by a fake media.

Which Blog did you pick this up on?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Hansmeister

Quote from: Razgovory on March 21, 2010, 12:13:33 PM

which blog did you pick this up from?  The only thing that exists is the claim of Rep. Clyburn that he heard racist comments hurled at him by protestors when entering Congress. Nobody else heard the despite the fact that there was a massive presence of reporters of allstripes, and video cameras everywhere filming the events from all angles. Yet the only "evidence" is Clyburn's claim, a typical smear tactics by the Democrats. Then again, maybe CdM was in the crowd.

grumbler

Quote from: Hansmeister on March 21, 2010, 12:55:19 PM

which blog did you pick this up from?  The only thing that exists is the claim of Rep. Clyburn that he heard racist comments hurled at him by protestors when entering Congress. Nobody else heard the despite the fact that there was a massive presence of reporters of allstripes, and video cameras everywhere filming the events from all angles. Yet the only "evidence" is Clyburn's claim, a typical smear tactics by the Democrats. Then again, maybe CdM was in the crowd.
So, if I post the names of others who witnessed this, will you admit that you are lying and let us get back to the thread topic?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

Quote from: grumbler on March 21, 2010, 01:15:20 PM

So, if I post the names of others who witnessed this, will you admit that you are lying and let us get back to the thread topic?

It will depend on whether the other witnesses are filthy Democrats, Main Stream Media Traitors or upstanding, patriotic Republicans.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: DGuller on March 21, 2010, 11:55:41 AM
I'm hopeful and fearful at the same time.  It's nice to finally do something to tackle the nation's embarassment.  On the other hand, when you don't have an effective mandate, that something may actually make things catastrophically worse.  I really hope that some time before the implementation they're going to seriously revisit the question of mandates (or, alternatively, have a single-payer system ready once the private market collapses due to adverse selection).

Beside my short-term profits, this is what concerns me: even some democrat woman on CNN adopted this exact same stance: "well yeah, I am sure we will change it later but just let's have it passed now". Why enact a law you KNOW will not work? I mean, outside of Hungary and rest of the Balkans, of course.

Razgovory

I suspect he'll either ignore you or claim you're stupid.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

DGuller

Quote from: Tamas on March 21, 2010, 01:38:06 PM
Beside my short-term profits, this is what concerns me: even some democrat woman on CNN adopted this exact same stance: "well yeah, I am sure we will change it later but just let's have it passed now". Why enact a law you KNOW will not work? I mean, outside of Hungary and rest of the Balkans, of course.
Because our system is extremely dysfunctional, and will not let us pass a law that will work.  The choice is between doing nothing and letting the situation continue to deteriorate, or gambling on passing a flawed law and then being able to fix it later.  The strategy may be to stick the foot in with the bad law, and then once it's a fact of life and needs to be lived with, you tackle the fix.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on March 21, 2010, 01:45:16 PM
Quote from: Tamas on March 21, 2010, 01:38:06 PM
Because our system is extremely dysfunctional, and will not let us pass a law that will work.  The choice is between doing nothing and letting the situation continue to deteriorate, or gamble on passing a flawed law and then being able to fix it later.  The strategy may be to stick the foot in with the bad law, and then once it's a fact of life and needs to be lived with, you tackle the fix.

I hope that works.  Cause it's a really stupid plan.

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on March 21, 2010, 01:48:41 PM
I hope that works.  Cause it's a really stupid plan.
Really stupid political times call for really stupid plans.

DGuller

Of course, I'm assuming it's a plan.  If Democrats actually think they have an acceptable bill given the weak mandates, then it's not a really stupid plan.  It's just plain, utter stupidity.

Hansmeister

So, if I post the names of others who witnessed this, will you admit that you are lying and let us get back to the thread topic?[/quote]

I'm not holding my breath waiting for a list of witnesses. Apparently, only Democratic members of Congress heard this.

Ed Anger

I wish they'd hurry up and vote, so the news can get back to the missing white girl of the week and shark attacks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: Hansmeister on March 21, 2010, 02:50:40 PM
I'm not holding my breath waiting for a list of witnesses. Apparently, only Democratic members of Congress heard this.
So when I point out that you are lying when you say that "only thing that exists is the claim of Rep. Clyburn that he heard racist comments hurled at him" and "[n]obody else heard" when there are a number of people who heard and reported this, your answer is... what?  An acknowledgment that you lied, or a weasel.  It doesn't matter if the Democrats are lying or not, you were definitely lying when you said that no one heard this except Clyburn, and that his claim was the "only thing that exists."

Are you going to concede like a man that you lied, or are going to squirm like a rat to avoid admitting what every person reading this thread knows is the truth?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!