House to vote on health care reform Sunday.

Started by jimmy olsen, March 21, 2010, 07:49:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on March 21, 2010, 08:35:02 AM
Quote from: DisturbedPervert on March 21, 2010, 08:31:11 AM
Any day now...
Trotting that out is always good for a laugh.  :lol:

Yep, pro-EU sentiment sure runs deep in Kentucky and Tennessee.  :)

:mellow: Europe has conquered America before we can do it again.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Faeelin

Quote from: The Brain on March 21, 2010, 08:36:30 AM

:mellow: Europe has conquered America before we can do it again.

Really? I seem to remember the First Partition of Europe in 1945...

Grallon

It happened once so I don't see why it couldn't happen again.  Especially considering how so many americans distrust the government, are armed to the teeth or dispute the legitimacy or even the legality of your current president's election.

Anyhow if it does happen and we're all still here circle jerking you won't be able to say nobody voiced concerns about that possibility. *shrug*

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

crazy canuck

Quote from: Caliga on March 21, 2010, 08:35:02 AM
Quote from: DisturbedPervert on March 21, 2010, 08:31:11 AM
Any day now...
Trotting that out is always good for a laugh.  :lol:

Exactly, I still can't believe anyone would think Canada would be interested in acquiring Detroit.

Caliga

Quote from: Grallon on March 21, 2010, 08:48:03 AM
It happened once so I don't see why it couldn't happen again.  Especially considering how so many americans distrusts the government, are armed to the teeth or dispute the legitimacy or even the legality of your current president's election.
I don't know a single American who disputes the legitimacy or legality of Obama's election (recognizing that there are certainly some fringe lunatics out there). :contract:

...and yes, it did happen once, but that was a little different because opposition to the government was united in a specific geographical region.  I don't believe that's the case now.  I would suspect more Southerners are against healthcare reform, but there is no talk of violent resistance and secession over it.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on March 21, 2010, 08:52:09 AM
Quote from: Grallon on March 21, 2010, 08:48:03 AM
It happened once so I don't see why it couldn't happen again.  Especially considering how so many americans distrusts the government, are armed to the teeth or dispute the legitimacy or even the legality of your current president's election.
I don't know a single American who disputes the legitimacy or legality of Obama's election (recognizing that there are certainly some fringe lunatics out there). :contract:

...and yes, it did happen once, but that was a little different because opposition to the government was united in a specific geographical region.  I don't believe that's the case now.  I would suspect more Southerners are against healthcare reform, but there is no talk of violent resistance and secession over it.
:huh:

The Fate Rule applies to trolls by "Grallon" as well, you know.  Please do not feed the trolls.  This has been a public service announcement.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

I don't think Grallon is trolling.  I think he is just naturally loathsome and repulsive.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on March 21, 2010, 10:31:04 AM
I don't think Grallon is trolling.  I think he is just naturally loathsome and repulsive.
These are not mutually exclusive.  He can be loathsome and repulsive and still not actually believe that there is any chance of a civil war breaking out in the US over the current health care legislation.  That would make his post on the topic a troll by someone loathsome and repulsive.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

It would really be a major sign of the decline of society if a civil war broke out over a half-arsed health care bill.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on March 21, 2010, 10:42:20 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 21, 2010, 10:31:04 AM
These are not mutually exclusive.  He can be loathsome and repulsive and still not actually believe that there is any chance of a civil war breaking out in the US over the current health care legislation.  That would make his post on the topic a troll by someone loathsome and repulsive.

Good point.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Hansmeister

Quote from: Razgovory on March 21, 2010, 08:20:46 AM
Protesters yesterday shouted racial slurs at Democratic congressmen in the capital.
Democratic Congressman invents fake claim of racial slurs in order to discredit opposition.

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on March 21, 2010, 10:46:57 AM
Good point.
I didn't think Grallon was trolling, either.  When Fate trolls, it's absurdly obvious.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: Hansmeister on March 21, 2010, 11:36:38 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 21, 2010, 08:20:46 AM
Protesters yesterday shouted racial slurs at Democratic congressmen in the capital.
Democratic Congressman invents fake claim of racial slurs in order to discredit opposition.

Yeah, I figured you'd say that.  Perhaps Democrats actually planted these people in the crowds to discredit the GOP?  Oh well, it must have worked since Boehner has already said such actions were reprehensible.

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on March 21, 2010, 11:41:20 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 21, 2010, 10:46:57 AM
Good point.
I didn't think Grallon was trolling, either.  When Fate trolls, it's absurdly obvious.
So a troll has to be "absurdly obvious" before you see it?  :lol:

Okay, feel free to spend the lifespan debating the possibilities of a new civil war over healthcare with Grallon. Its not like the puppet gets dropped for a while when ignored, like the Fate sock does.

Bayraktar!

DGuller

I'm hopeful and fearful at the same time.  It's nice to finally do something to tackle the nation's embarassment.  On the other hand, when you don't have an effective mandate, that something may actually make things catastrophically worse.  I really hope that some time before the implementation they're going to seriously revisit the question of mandates (or, alternatively, have a single-payer system ready once the private market collapses due to adverse selection).